CFA June 2013

yikes that was a long time ago indeed! all the best…hope some memory will be awakened…

Hi,

I am thinking about registering for the June 2013 Level 1 exam now. Do you think there is still enough time left for studying? I got a M.Sc. degree in business information systems with a focus on finance subjects (like managerial finance, portfolio management, security analysis). So some topics were quite familiar to me when I was browsing through the Schweser books. However, I am still not sure there is enough time left as I am working full time (so most studying would need to be done during the weekends)

My second question is whether it is true that you can resit the december exam 2013 for free if you failed june 2013? I read this somewhere but can’t find any information on the CFA website.

Cheers

Still plenty of time left if you dedicate it and based on your educational background. If you fail June 2013, you have to pay again to sit for Dec 2013.

I finished Corporate Finance earlier and currently doing FRA. Plan on doing Econ, Quant and then Ethics in that order after.

FRA is my weak point :frowning:

Hi All - Making a concerted effort to be very focused over the holidays (not always successfull). I have diarised my study plan at 16 hours a week which has made me feel much better :slight_smile: Good luck to you all in your studies

Just ordered the Schweser notes yesterday for Level I + the weekly 3hour online ‘webinars’, starting mid January I believe. According to my colleagues here, that should leave me with enough time to study for the exam in June (given that I’ll have plenty of time in March / April / May for studying).

M.Sc. degree in Economics (5 years ago) will help out a bit as well hopefully :wink: !

Me too! - from 2.5 years ago. It still took me three weeks to work through econ sad

I am starting today :slight_smile: and cant get more passionate about it. enlightened

Lets beat that monster.

Almost done with Quant… but having a very tough time memorising the formulas. Thinking if I should review Quant right away or move on to the next subject and leave Quant review for sometime later. indecision

I started studying a couple of days ago, currently going through Quant and I agree with you, some of those formulas are hard to memorize, e.g. those in hypothesis testing!

That’s the spirit! It’s nice to see our Level 1 group start to come together.

I have started doing Quant, but am too distracted. Shifting houses, working, (i am married with a kid too so have to give them time) going mad basially. I tried walking up at 4 am to study and for some odd reason, old managed to do 3 pages of Quant. Then came new years, and haven’t studied in 4 days. I have family visiting too. Any suggestions or words of wisdom on how to handle this. I really want to pass. FYI, by nature, i get discouraged easy.

Chase…

Hi

I understand what you are going through. I am in a similar situation. The important thing is to not loose your focus. remind yourself constantly about what motivated you to study CFA. Every plan you chart out may seem impossible at the moment when attending to your family, office, friends, etc…Remember nothing is impossible. You can start with say 2 hours a day and gradually get into a routine and increase the no: of hours.

Another thing I do when i have relatives staying with us is that, I tell them im feeling lil sick and want to lie down for sometime (afternoon mostly). I go to my room and study for sometime. I also spend few hours before going to bed at night. Remember this is a temporary solution. In the long run you will definitely need to a good study plan.

Dont get discouraged by anything. Believe that nobody and nothing will discourage you.

All the best!!

Freshmen enthusiasm is pouring here! nice! I wish I was this enthusiastic about my L3 exam!

I am just starting! *sigh*

Thanks dv. That was encouraging. I made a plan which has me read 30 pages a day, and hence i should finish reading by March end. Practise the questions in the book in April and in May only do exam papers. Not sure if my approach is right.

Of all the exam topics, quant is the one that I feel I will need to revisit most often. Mathematics, in general, has always had a “use it or lose it” feel to me.

[/quote]

Of all the exam topics, quant is the one that I feel I will need to revisit most often. Mathematics, in general, has always had a “use it or lose it” feel to me.

[/quote]

Quant was mind numbing… All the other topics I have covered so far were much easier reads. Definitely going to have ot revisit once I finish all the readings.

For me, probably Quant and economics. I do not know why, but economics is giving me a hard time. So much to remember.

I’m finding quants to be very easy. The material is overlapping with my undergrad statistics course.