CFA L1 Dec retakers

Thanks TE600 !!, This time I am planning to use schweser, hopefully will complete the firt review soon and move to questions…

I am thinking of retaking. Spending two months revising and the last two doing questions.

I read the curriculum twice and tge shweizer once. i made 6mocks and the cfai mocks as well. if i retake this exam…i dont know what to do. i scored band 9. i have some weak chapters that i should master but in general i feel bad about reading it again.

So for retakers are you going to re-read all schweser? Read CFAI? Just work on trouble areas? Just ton of questions?

im still debating if I’ll retake after band 10 fail. Trying to think of plan of attack incase I go for it.

Split and sunset man don’t give up.

I had a band of 10 last time. The next day I just registered for the exam.

I took a week off for my family and friends.

Then got right back to it.

I can say oh you’re so close you guys you can easily do it next time… No I’m not going to say that.

You’re probably going to study just as much as you did the first time. The pressure is going to be much more than the first time around. You are going to think to yourself …god I don’t want to be the guy who fails 2 times or go from a band 10 to a band 9 or back to a band 10 again.

It takes balls to take a hit and fail and get back up again. It’s not going to be easy.

General advice to you both is

look at those biggest topics

Fixed Income, Equity, Quants Ethics and FRA that’s like 67 percent of the exam already.

Do the CFAI EOCs make sure you have a mastery over those questions.

Do mocks. In the 2 weeks before the exam you guys should be scoring 70 and above.

Memorize those questions you got wrong on the exam you did during the summer time.

There were like 10 that just haunted me for a long time I made sure I knew how to do them cold…even though they didn’t even show up the exam which pissed me off lol.

Anyways good luck…but it won’t be easy trust me even tho it’s the second time around.

Thanks Jlion and all the other guys…been following this thread and you giving me hope! Failed Band 10 in June 14, was my first attempt. Am seeing where I went wrong, used Schweser and Qbank and did not touch CFAI at all. Retaking this December and I am killing this thing!

Was >70 on Ethics and Equities, mid for everything else except Quants and Econ which was <50.

I got the identical grouping ^… brutal.

As a learning lesson, I will be using CFAI extensively for Quant and FI