CFA level III exam while fasting in Ramadhan

Perhaps if the same amount of diligence and reasonable basis was used in your religious matters as worldly matters or should i say in trying to up your score in CFA exam, I’m sure you would arrive at a different conclusion.

Reality Check.

As Darren always says there are 2 things certain in this life:

1. Death

2. Taxes

:slight_smile: Peace!

+1

Islam allows breaking your fast in such hard exam circumstances; given that you make it up after Ramadan.

Islam is flexible especially in such matters, yet, if you feel that you are OK with fasting during the exam, you may do so.

Prophet Mohammad P.B.U.H said: Allah likes that His Rukhsah (allowance) be used, just as He dislikes that disobedience to Him is committed.

Please only share your tips/suggestions/ experience for next exam takers so it may be easier for them. Let’s not debate whether fasting is exempted the exam day, according to scholars’ consensus it is not a permissible exception as fasting doesn’t only apply when you are at home resting on the couch, Companions (RZA) worked much harder than us while fasting so no excuses.

I began my fast after having oats blended in milk shake with long lasting protein and olive oil. Guys I was strong till end, the only thing I craved a little bit was that big strong mug of tea. After AM, there was a bigger thing to worry about i.e. PM instead of worrying about food or drink :wink:

+1

Travelling is a permissible exception… If it is feasible. I like to be prudent in my suggestions :slight_smile:

I had a pile of bacon before the exam.

So traveling for the sake of breaking the fast is ok? God knows your intentions btw. Plus there are millions and zillions fatwas by different branches of Islam. So you don’t get to say that according to scholars consensus it’s not permitted. I’d rather we close this subject because there’s no point in further discussing it.

#humility

LOL…

consensus? From where you got this? Please don’t mislead others. You completed your fasting on the exam day, bravo, good for you. But don’t impose your opinion on others.

End of subject, and good luck on your results.

Ask any female candidates… we have been fasting for our entire adult lives.

NANA

I am HNW and I vote

As far as i can see… no one imposed anything on anyone here… too bad if you interpreted it as such… perhaps during this month of reflection you can seek the right guidance :slight_smile: btw if someone decided to hold a higher ground and adhere to what’s prescribed in their religious doctrine, why would you criticize them?

Please elaborate…

!!!

I personally respect the decision to hold your fast during the exam if you can so. Who criticized this?

The issue here is claiming the “consensus” on the matter which does not exist at all. A consensus of scholars means the matter is final and no other opinions are accepted which our friend claimed and thus translated as imposing this on others.

No more arguments please