CFA opportunities Vs MBA

Takami, Thanks a lot! Of all the side-conversations that’s going on on this topic, I found your comments very useful. I think people are stressed with their June 7th prep and using this forum as a means for entertainment. Not that I find anything wrong with that. :slight_smile: I felt that MBA is not replaceable with CFA charter, but I was looking at the CFAI website and did see some of the i-banks as hiring companies. Further research on the job boards suggests that CFA is more useful for finance research kind of jobs.

eureka.

whats the difference between CFA and MBA ?

whats the difference between CFA and MBA ?

> whats the difference between CFA and MBA ? *sigh*

Whats the difference btwn CFA and Devry?

dont knock devry. that is the parent company of schweser.

I heard its pretty tough to get in… You have to beable to open those big heavy entrance doors… But I heard they are lowering the acceptance standards by installing revolving doors…

All this talk about combinations of degrees and certifications that are the ticket to getting jobs has been beaten to death.

My suggestion, get the certs first: CFA, FRM, CAIA, CPA. If you are smart, you should be able to complete the exams in 2 years with correct timing. You can do this while you work too, so you will have the experience for grad school. Then, get the degrees: MBA, quant PHD, MD. Then, you will be truly prepared for your career, whereever it takes you.

Better that you spend your time courting. Obviously one born in the right family would never waste their time with such drivel. If you were not born into the right family marry into it. The right relative trumps CFA and top MBA most of the time.

eureka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My suggestion, get the certs first: CFA, FRM, > CAIA, CPA. If you are smart, you should be able > to complete the exams in 2 years with correct > timing. You can do this while you work too, so > you will have the experience for grad school. > > Then, get the degrees: MBA, quant PHD, MD. > > Then, you will be truly prepared for your career, > whereever it takes you. lol. you forgot the most important degree - JD

A JD and the right family would qualify any one of us here for high level finance jobs. Rohufish…you found it!!!

umm…i never said a peep about the ‘right family’ theory. credit all yours my friend.

No sir, you deserve credit. Perhaps you should petition the CFAI to add section about social grooming into the curriculum.

Let’s be honest though. Marry into the right family??? Are you really willing to marry a chick who has been bobbing for apples in a deep fryer just to get some connections? Now if she is connected and hot, that is another story. But women like that are usually already taken. Or their daddies have goons to make guys like us “go away”.

Ah…you have good point. Perhaps I should just stick my nose back in the book and wait for the right job. Until then, I can study money and the behaviour of those who possess much of it. When a bank finally gives me a choice role, I can adopt that smug practiced air and congratulate myself profusely. Oh what a delight it will be when I finally can sit at my keyboard and present my argumentum ad hominem cfa success story to the aforum!

dude, you are seriously starting to irritate now. isn’t there some ‘social science’ forum where you can go resolve your issues?

I was under the impression that we were having a CFA vs MBA discussion filled with a mixture of banter and insight and now I find you personally attacking me. I hope you are not this abrasive and mean spirited in real life.

i have big scary teeth, and no less than three horns. and my claws…