CFA Program and Testosterone levels

Vitamin D supplements help.

2 gallons Kefir made from raw milk per week plus happy chicken eggs are main source of protein/fats. I eat clean, extreme some may say. Total T was at 287 ng and Free available T at 11.7 ng. My understanding this is 2 std. dev. below mean or equivalent to an 80 yr old man. For a 39 yr old, I hope the total T springs back taking the Free back up with it.

I plan not to stress as much at Level II, assuming I cleared this round. Level I was very personal for me, failure absolutely not an option.

I dropped back to lifting only 1X per week from March thru May. Something had to give and unfortunately lifting was it. I did keep cycling to work though. I can’t wait to get going again. Going to go do some squats and deads now…

I really think stress and lack of sleep are the killers. Also, worth checkin to see if you have Varicoceles, Veines in the scrotum that keep the area too warm for the testicles to function properly.

That’s why you use Clomid and Nolva to bring those little fuckers up…

The more sex you have, the more your T level will increase. You have to get back in the habit.

Curious to know what meds cured Varicoceles?

CFA_shareholder makes my T spike.

Stillmanaf, when do you get your blod test re-done? ALso, be sure to do it in the morning.

Early August, this would be 8 plus week interval. I am trying to put as much effort to get the T back up as I put into Level I exam prep. It’s a nice challenge during the wait period for exam results. I will do it bright and early, including additional hormones for further analysis. Thanks! Off to sleep…

Aren’t you gaming with the results if you do it early in the morning? Of course your T level will be higher. Are you doing the test to get an accurate assessment of your situation or simply to hear what you want to hear?

You’re not gaming the results. You’re supposed to do the test in the morning. That way your rsults are consistent. Do what your endo tell you to do.

My understanding is that a.m. testing is most appropriate but I did not know this at my first test. Perhaps a p.m. like last would be more useful. Thanks for the feedback.

Also, can’t we game the results by not fapping for a period of time?

I am no Doctor, but I think that may have the opposite effect, since your T goes up as you have sex with more frequency. The keys to higher T are more sleep, less stress, more exercise (not to exhaustion), healthy protein / fat diet, more sex.

I’m aware that more sex increases your T. What about fapping?

There is a thread currently in the water cooler with close to 500 posts about fapping and T levels. Maybe you should check it out and set the record staright.

I watched a documentary once about the old thought that athletes, like boxers, should not have sex months before a fight for the reason of higher testosterone and to avoid just making you soft, but they tested that and found that athlete’s testosterone actually went up the next day after having sex and their performance and strength was better. I have found that if I went long periods w/o sex, my drive would dimminish. When I would increase the frequency, my drive would increase. Also, if I go to a beach with lots of nice things to look at, I am like an 18 year old again. Man, I need to plan a trip to Miami. So go figure.

Fapping = masterbation, not sex.

Physiologically, they are the same thing.

Got my results: 17.7 nmol/L which is 510 ng/dl. The doc says it’s normal (mid range) but when I surf the web it seems below the mean. I’m 31.

Dr. PalacioHill, what’s your take?