CFA test-day horror stories?

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > His 007 license – license to kill >and I gave him a fist bump This story must’ve been from 2003. The above made me laugh out loud at work. Thank you.

bump

This one guy brought the wrong calculator to AM. God bless his soul.

I’ve witnessed a few people face that realization over the years, at least one at each exam. My own coworker would have shown up with pens and no ticket/passport if he didn’t text me the night before asking “how many pens should I bring?”

Why would CFA hold an exam in a Harlem school? Were the fees cheaper to take it there? Or is there a high concentration of CFA candidates from the area?

Source

Last year, all my 5 erasable pens dried up midway into the morning exam.

I was so destabbed. i kept forcing at the pens to walk.

Then, (the part when you look for a stolen car in the gutter/ drainage) I started searching for pens I did not put in my pocket.

Then, euraka, I felt a pen in my trouser pocket (which I subconsciously put there when I solved a few questions earlier in the morning). Of course I saw the proctors wondering why I was struggling so franctically with my jeans.

Then this year, 50 mins to start time, I remember - I forgot my passport at home! All morning, I had been agonizing about delta-hedging. I kept rereading the curriculum, but with the passport issue, I was now merely staring at it.

Thankfully, it was an easily navigable city and the distance was only long a enough to ensure that I came in a little after start time…

Good thing you weren’t in NYC.