CFA: The most difficult exam on planet earth?

This is an interesting case of when perception is reality. Most people that I know who ended up with everything >70% (on L2 and L1) spent much less than 6 months studying, and they worked (or full-time school) and maintained a social life. The people who I heard spent 6 plus months studying either needed to retake or barely passed (L1 and L2, more at L2, though). Even the people I know who were retaking the L2 exam spent about 8 months studying and ended up with mostly 50-70% and a few >70% sections, but they did pass.

Different view of the same picture.

actually I don’t agree.

I’m with itera on this one.

To be clear- are you guys disagreeing with ITA or Escape (the reply to a reply made it unclear to me surprise)?

Yes.

Both? I was looking at this as IsThereAny making a sarcastic reply to Escape from Alcatraz’s statement. I think I see now…

I believe, and I believe that itera believes (so I believe that I agree with itera), that believing that the Level I exam is difficult is not sufficient evidence that one didn’t do well in school.

If itera believes something else, I believe that he’ll let us know.

Yes, my reply was sarcastic. Thank you tickersu. I think alacatraz’s comment was that of someone who didn’t do very well in school.

That is interesting and there might actually be more people like what you related.

So it seems you have problem with the word ‘difficult’ lady. Let us all agree on not using the word ‘difficult’ for CFA exams. Studying like 300hours (actually 600hours+ for L2), ingraining 6 books ~ 2000 pages so perfectly that you remember them in your sleep and proving your grasp on the mammoth material in a 6 hour exam all at once and sacrificing weekends and parties and whatever is not ‘difficult’ but ‘challenging’ – agreed !

My spin on this topic is:

Reciting the alphabet is easy . . .

Reciting the alphabet with a noose aroud your neck standing on your tiptoes on an rocking chair is . . . difficult.

That’s Level III on Exam Day.

Can’t wait till you get there and revisit this post.

i wanna be smart like cory, but ill be happy if i can be smart like my boy tickersu

Although I’m flattered to be in the running, I think cory should be your role model. A perfect score on a college entrance exam from years ago is the mark to aim for in life… But seriously, I have many friends that are nonnative English speakers who are having a difficult time studying for the exam because both the material and the exam are in English. They’re very bright people, and they work their tails off, but I feel for them. I think being fluent at a native level is very important on these exams.

I am not sure if i understand what MahaM was trying to say, but from his/ her last comment it appears that people are not being honest about their feelings about the CFA exams and they make it sound worse than they really are?

I don’t know about other people, and i am very “realistic”, but I did find the exams VERY difficult AND challenging (i don’t know the differnece of the two either, but i am ESL)…

Being positive does not equal to “everything is good” and “you will do fine” and hiding the how we actually feel.

I am sure a lot of people just expressing their experience and their fears toward the exams, they were true feelings and at times these are NEGATIVE feelings, and if they happen to scare you then don’t ask for other people’s honest opinions!

NANA

ps* just because i passed everything now doesn’t take away the fact that it was a difficult process for me. no olympic gold medalists will come out and say “it wasn’t too difficult, anyone can do it really!” without sounding like a jerk…

This assumes that easy and difficult are collectively exhaustive of all things, i.e. something is either easy or difficult and can’t be neither. If not collectively exhaustive, then something could be both not easy and not difficult.

Wrong. My statement does not require easy and difficult to be collectively exhaustive. Thanks for playing.

Nana Hachiko is back ^o^

This isn’t tested on the exams, so I’m not expecting you to know this, but my statement is logically consistent. I’m just playing real life bruh.

Yes but your statement made an incorrect assumption regarding my statement. We can all spew random facts if we wanted to. Better luck next year chief.