CFA vs Phd

We’d need to auto-lock them somehow. There’s no way that the mods can lock so many threads manually. We can consider it at the next board meeting and see if the underlying technology supports it easily.

What about the other side? Sometimes it’s nice to resurrect old threads, particularly ones containing predictions.

^ If there’s a way technology can automatically lock threads after a certain amount of time (ex: 2 or 3 years), then it’s a no brainer.

As for resurrecting old relevant threads, either a new thread can be created with a link to the old one or the poster can ask the moderators to unlock the old one. For the latter, the thread has been dormant for years so the poster won’t die waiting another few hours (or days) for a moderator to process the request.

Dear bchad,

I am not sure why people should bother whether the post is since six years or 50 years!

It is a general discussion and doesn’t takle personal question or specific case for one individual.

Regards,

I’m not sure that ressurecting old threads is a huge problem, which is one reason that this is a low priority issue.

However, there are times when something comes up and you start reading and then realize “hey, we’re responding to something that is years old, and the world and our knowledge is completely different.”

I don’t have an issue with reviewing old issues, and some topics are fairly universal anyway so they keep coming up over and over.

There’s also a tendency for many newbies to announce their presence to the world by bumping old threads and adding nothing of value to that conversation. Again, not a real problem, but it can contribute to noise.

If other people have an issue with very old threads being bumped, it’s useful for forum moderators to know. That’s all.

^ Count me in as someone with an issue with old threads being bumped.

Besides, the probabilty of frequent bumping too old threads is extremely low.

Therefore, I see it normal thing and it is not worth it to bother about.

Ditto…

Wow! 10 years on and the battle continues. Here’s the two cents man: Both take considerable time (5 yrs. for me). For PhD you also have to mention from “Where”? Ever heard of plagiarism ? Ask a PhD candidate. Plus the whole thing is subjective at the mercy of one’s guide.
Guess what - you tremble when you take the CFA. There’s only one institute that offers CFA. End of conversation . Lock it down.