CFA withdrawal

nuppal Wrote: > Its good but I find Malcolm G to be too much of a > self interested douche. The book kind of lays out > common sense in a very eloquent, easy and fun to > read way. It’s a great book, but MG’s ego has > gotten too big. I’m reading Nuppal: Over the Top Criticism of Malcolm Gladwell, who by Coincidence is Gladwell’s Bastard Son but Shares Many Heritable Traits. LOL jk dood. for real i’m playin

I started the white tiger and will read far from the madding crowd afterwards. I dont like those self-development books !

Just started All the Purty Horses by Cormac McCarthy. That dood is thick. Me gusta.

investragy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just got this from Amazon… > > > The Predictioneer’s Game: Using the Logic of > Brazen Self-Interest to See and Shape the Future. > > If you don’t mind share any interesting reads you > are doing right now… Naming Infinity: A True Story of Religious Mysticism and Mathematical Creativity

hawgdriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nuppal Wrote: > > > Its good but I find Malcolm G to be too much of > a > > self interested douche. The book kind of lays > out > > common sense in a very eloquent, easy and fun > to > > read way. It’s a great book, but MG’s ego has > > gotten too big. > > > I’m reading Nuppal: Over the Top Criticism of > Malcolm Gladwell, who by Coincidence is Gladwell’s > Bastard Son but Shares Many Heritable Traits. > > LOL jk dood. for real i’m playin I lol’ed. I dont really take anything I read online personally. My criticism did go a *wee* bit over the top. lol. I wish I had Gladwell’s afro, that would be sick, I could carry all my pens in my hair.

^ same here. but seriously, gladwell’s fro is beast. I liked Blink a lot, but couldn’t get into his other books the same. Blink was excellent imo.

I didn’t sleep at all the night after the exam. I couldn’t get my brain to stop running computations. I kept going from the income statement to the balance sheet and back all night. not fun. I also feel like I should be doing something. Probably should go workout since I’ve neglected that part for a while. Considering P90X.

feliciano_tony Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I didn’t sleep at all the night after the exam. I > couldn’t get my brain to stop running > computations. I kept going from the income > statement to the balance sheet and back all night. > > > not fun. I also feel like I should be doing > something. Probably should go workout since I’ve > neglected that part for a while. Considering P90X. Same with me dude…my head never pained even before any of the hardest exams I had taken , but the night after this one was whole night of revisioning and headache night for me that where had I gone wrong. Couldnt even remember the questions I breezed through, only the contentious ones, felt terrible about missing a few in Ethics and FSA being a lil less diligent abt. them… but managed to get all of the econ. and Corp. fin. and quant. with only singular guessings in alt., derivative and port. mgmt. Fixed income income my forte saw me give up on 2 simple quest. guessing. only wished that I would have done full justice if I hadent fallen for the FRA and 2-3 particularly recalcitrant questions there which put me in time compression for the PM session. I believe probability of .33 will smooth my score further and put me in that ±5% Alpha.

I’m reading Arnold’s Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding.

I made it through 25 pages of Outliers before I couldn’t take Gladwell’s bullsh1t anymore

Reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women. On a scale from 1-10, how sad is it that I’m reading about going back to the gym instead of doing it? Hoping it will get me excited. That, and I’ve been too busy drinking my face off this week to work out.

SJZ check out “Pumping Iron”. its funny as hell and makes you realize how hard those dudes lifted…prbly wont get much lifting info outa it but you still gotta see it if u haven’t already

nycag04, sup girl?

nycag04 I hear ya…I told myself I was going to get back working out Monday after Saturdays test, which hasn’t happened, and may not happen for another couple weeks lol…

SJZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m reading Arnold’s Encyclopedia of Modern > Bodybuilding. Damn dude, you lift too? We are twins, confirmed. I am reading the new Dan Brown book. He still tries too hard in his writing IMHO. I have “Investment Biker” and “Adventure Capitalist” sitting on my desk after I knock out dirty dan.

i’m reading ‘house of cards’ by william cohan and ‘end the fed’ by ron paul.

I want to read the new Dan Brown book. And he does try too hard, but his books are way better than the movies. they sucked!

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I made it through 25 pages of Outliers before I > couldn’t take Gladwell’s bullsh1t anymore Im half way through… it’s good so far

im reading ‘Fooled by Randomness’ by Nicholas Taleb. Its blowing my mind.