CFAI mock score

Guys I have got 67 and 63 in my 2 official CFAI Level 2 mocks. Is this a good enough score to get me through?
Also is the real exam easier than the official CFAI mocks for level 2 as well, like it was for level 1?

Last year, i got 73% for Mock exams in the CFAI website and I failed the real exam with score just 1 pixel below the MPS. refer to the forum below:

Your next step is to identify the gaps and bring your overall score up to at least above 75% - 80% range to be comfortable. I scored 78% in my mock exam this year and i’m still filling up gaps in my domain of CFA Level II knowledge. dont stop there man. keep on identifying your gaps and work to improve your weak areas.

all the best and good luck to all of us!

Hey Zarul, thanks for the reply!
Since you’ve already taken the test twice, could you help me out with whether the actual exam is easier compared to these official mocks?
Also you getting lower in your real mocks is kind of shocking. Did you give the mock diligently and with a time bar?

I think you must’ve misunderstood me. I did not get lower marks for my mock exams. i scored 73% - 75% in May 2021 Mock exam.

but now i scored 78% - 80% in my February 2022 Mock exam. i did it under time constraint. i finished early though with extra 15 minutes to spare for each set.

as for the real exam, i would say it is more direct but not easier. the CFA mock exam mimics the real exam quite good. otherwise, i would’ve pass the real exam last year.

here’s what others has to say about it on Quora

Yes sorry, I meant the real exam, not mock. Thanks for your help!!

my pleasure. Glad i could help. Also, I read this from Kaplan Schweser website. i think this is very useful. i failed last year due to No 8: Poor Ethics score.

First time i failed the paper was due to No 2: Knowledge Gaps. this time my strategy is to plug those gaps and making sure i can master as many LOS without ignoring those difficult concepts. with this strategy, i’m able to score more than 78% for each Mock Exams I attempted. hoping for this effort to translate to a pass in the real exam coming in 7 days!

I am sure you will go through! Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I felt the real exam was easier. I was getting about 75% to 80% on mocks and got above 90th percentile on the exam. Use mocks for timing not necessarily to know what will appear on the exam. A lot of people here tend to overemphasize the importance of mocks. Make sure you do mocks but not 10 of them as they have diminishing value. Once you can finish your exam within the allotted time you should be fine. Then practice the problem on the ecosystem and do the EOC questions twice. EOC questions are important. In my opinion the exam is clear and concise. However, based on the feedback on the forum, the CBT tests do not seem as consistent as the paper tests. If you go through the curriculum and EOC questions, there should not be any surprises on the exam.

1 Like

Had to agree with you on this. when i failed last year due to poor ethics score, i completed more than 10 mock exams hoping for the same questions to appear in the real exam. bad mistake and it’s true they have diminishing value.

this year i used the mock exam to identify my knowledge gap. then review the readings again and redo the EOC questions. i felt my mastery increased after each mock attempts. hopefully this strategy will yield in the coming days.