CFAI Mock

Statistically speaking he has a point,but as we know, a bit like hedge fund returns, forum posters mostly tend to post their success.

^^ I think someone needs to review sample bias when applying poluation statistics. Failure was 59% more like 3/5 and that was for all takers. Given this forum most likely applies to die hards who spend extra time studying and preparing, I would bet that a sample taken from this forum would have no more than a 50% fail rate and probably closer to 40%. Of course the only independant variable offered by CFAI is 250+ hours of study, but I bet the coefficients for # of sample tests, supplemental materials, hours spent on AF have significant t stats to reject the null of no effect on the dummy dependant “pass” variable, or the % correct continuous Y variable.

I think some people post disparagingly because they failed. They are attempting to show themselves it wasn’t their fault, but either the study materials or something else, but not their preparation.

haha First, response to kingstongal- Level 1 is not Level 2. Response to Paraguay- I’m not trying to be a hater at all. And yes it was my fault of course. I’m just saying that last year, there were just as many people saying they got some far out score, and then ended up failing. More anectodal than statistical. All this is meaningless anyway. In fact I am completely wasting time writing this.

I have last year’s CFAI mock. For those who’ve seen both exams, this year’s and last year’s (e.g. CFABLACKBELT), are they the same thing, completely different, or different with minor changes?

2009 Level 2 Practice Test Results (all timed under exam-like conditions): Exam 1 AM 80% Exam 1 PM 83.33% Exam 2 AM 73.33% Exam 2 PM 80% Exam 3 AM 75% Exam 3 PM 73.33% CFAI Mock AM 76% CFAI Mock PM 78% I failed. Was it my fault of not preparing enough? No. Was it Schweser’s fault? No. It was just bad luck. This exam contains a big luck factor that the first timers just will have no idea about until they are taking the exam. Most people on this forum do end up passing. However, there are deserving candidates who also end up failing. That’s just the way this exam is. Edit: I also did most of the CFAI EOC’s so don’t try and pull out the card that I didn’t put in enough effort.

4Tay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have last year’s CFAI mock. For those who’ve > seen both exams, this year’s and last year’s (e.g. > CFABLACKBELT), are they the same thing, completely > different, or different with minor changes? I did get the overall feel that the exams were similar, but I didn’t recognize any answers or questions. Essentially, if there are the same exams, I didn’t get any benefit out of it.

cfalover, you have to remember that 100’s of people are probably reading this thread. Most probably aren’t far enough into their preparation to be taking the Mock’s 1 month out. Those who are, are usually pretty prepared and can score 70% easy after doing thousands of qbank and EOC q’s. Also those that score in the 50’s and 60’s are less likely to readily announce their marks on AF, why would they? So you have to realize that this is a very biased thread.

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2009 Level 2 Practice Test Results (all timed > under exam-like conditions): > Exam 1 AM 80% > Exam 1 PM 83.33% > Exam 2 AM 73.33% > Exam 2 PM 80% > Exam 3 AM 75% > Exam 3 PM 73.33% > CFAI Mock AM 76% > CFAI Mock PM 78% > > I failed. Was it my fault of not preparing enough? > No. Was it Schweser’s fault? No. It was just bad > luck. This exam contains a big luck factor that > the first timers just will have no idea about > until they are taking the exam. > > Most people on this forum do end up passing. > However, there are deserving candidates who also > end up failing. That’s just the way this exam is. > > Edit: I also did most of the CFAI EOC’s so don’t > try and pull out the card that I didn’t put in > enough effort. Did you already post your thoughts on what happened last year? (Didn’t want you to have to post twice).

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did you already post your thoughts on what > happened last year? (Didn’t want you to have to > post twice). Well here’s a little discussion about the luck factor. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,1054104,page=1 You get a lot of input from people who failed/passed.

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFABLACKBELT Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > Did you already post your thoughts on what > > happened last year? (Didn’t want you to have > to > > post twice). > > Well here’s a little discussion about the luck > factor. > > http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,10 > 54104,page=1 > > You get a lot of input from people who > failed/passed. Thanks. How are you doing so far this year?

I’ve studied much less this year compared to last year but I don’t feel that I’m any worse off. I just need to keep chugging away until game day.

Just out of curiosity, are the CFAI exams still the same as in Level 1? i.e. they don’t give you the questions, only the answers in PDF?

Remember when all you monkeys were bragging about your mock exam scores, 1 month before the actual test? We don’t feel as good now, do we?

cfalover Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Remember when all you monkeys were bragging about > your mock exam scores, 1 month before the actual > test? We don’t feel as good now, do we? Haha, yeah those treads are always so biased. Only people who got real good scores come on and post them. I can predict it now: April 2011 Mock thread only: Hey guys this threads for mock results only, just want to get a feel at how everyone is doing. I got 85% on AM, and 80% on PM. Felt like I could have done much better, made some stupid mistakes. Going back over my week areas for the next 4 weeks, gonna hammer out EOC’s like my life depends on it haha, f@ck I need to get off this forum!

fo’ real

Reggie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfalover Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Remember when all you monkeys were bragging > about > > your mock exam scores, 1 month before the > actual > > test? We don’t feel as good now, do we? > > > Haha, yeah those treads are always so biased. Only > people who got real good scores come on and post > them. I can predict it now: > > April 2011 Mock thread only: > > Hey guys this threads for mock results only, just > want to get a feel at how everyone is doing. I got > 85% on AM, and 80% on PM. Felt like I could have > done much better, made some stupid mistakes. Going > back over my week areas for the next 4 weeks, > gonna hammer out EOC’s like my life depends on it > > > haha, f@ck I need to get off this forum! hahaha, you’re spot on Reggie! “help me I’m dying I made only 90%”