CFAI moved the goalposts

I passed but there’s no way I scored more than 75%. I only had an above 70% in equity, fsa and Corp Finance.

What is wrong with some people… did you really just say that if he told you to get an 80 you would have shot for that??? How about no matter what someone says you shoot to understand the material and aim for a 100%…I hope he takes your e mail, laughs at it, passes it around to other charterholders to laugh at, and then tells you good luck next year… man some people are really out there…

i failed and i had over 70% in fsa,ethics,fi,deriv,alt,port. go figure 100 was my max question right

is this thread a “wind-up”?

ROFL

Really?! You try to get by with the minimum and then complain it didn’t work? Why would you ever try to just barely pass. I have a full-time job, family and was remodeling my parents house who had moved out of town so we all have “other” things to do. Why wouldn’t you want to try to get the highest score you could? I agree with Damil, I’d never want you to manage my investments.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with aiming for 70. But if you get 69 on the exam and end up failing, there is no one to blame but yourself. I still believe that the MPS is <= 70, unless someone post a breakdown that 100% proves that he/she has scored at least 70% and ended up failing.

Any reply?

I imagine that email went something along the lines of: Dear Sir, ROFLMAO!!! Sincerely, CFA Dude

Any reply from CFAI…???

I doubt it. His last post was in this thread. My gripe would have to be with the riddle-like question format in some of the vignettes, not necessarily the MPS. I’m not bitter though, just working to try and not be in the same situation as last year.

Hilarious letter - good luck with the CFP.

Wow. I really hope that letter was a joke… If I was CFAI, I would have a good laugh before tossing it into the shredder.

Hey Johnny, I’m wondering if you are willing to post your results for us. How many areas you scored above/below 70 and which ones those were. It may bring clarity to how well you scored on the actual exam, ie. if your actual results are above/below your assumed score of 70% on the exam (as was on your 10 practice exams. I can only assume without the scores (as with everyone else that posted here) that your actual results were lower than your practice results. But if you post the scores and they indeed show that you scored around where you say you think you did it may help to put a stop to all the “you must have scored lower than a 70” posts.

He posted them in a diff thread I believe.

I don’t ever remember hearing that 70% was a guaranteed pass; however, I believe the mock tests that CFAI offers will give you a “fail” if you score below 70% and a pass above 70%. I am speaking only to the mocks that we can take over the computer. I could be wrong though.

who said it isn’t a guaranteed pass? It may very well be. We don’t know the MPS

who cares about the score… …if you are good the score should not be a matter of concern… …if you have “maybe i will somehow pass” attitude, then be prepared for a second fail…

For all you L2ers who were only planning on getting to 70% and then stopping - aim for at least 73-75% to be on the safe side.

I don’t understand why the posters do not research about the MPS thing. MPS says that passing score will be determined by 70% of top 1%. For ex - 20,000 students are taking L3 this year. 1% is 200. So suppose the average score of top 200 students is 90% (I don’t think that top 200 or anyone in this matter score 100% in the exam) and then 70% of 90% is 63% which would be a passing score. I know CFAI customer rep might be laughing after seeing this stupid email. The email sender should be barred from the program because of his stupidity.