CFAI official 2019 mock

AM 72%, PM 78%

What’s a better indicator for how well we know the material/will perform on the real exam, the CFAI mocks or the Schweser mocks? I’m going to take my first PM today, which I hope to give me a better idea of where I stand at this point.

CFAI questions/mocks always hold more weight for me. That said, Schweser can be additionally useful for practicing your test-taking pace, and identifying weak areas that need further review. One caveat is that is is believed to be the case (or in fact true…not exactly sure) that CFAI mock exam writers are not the same people actually producing the exam questions for gameday. I still feel that content to be more representative of the exam though. Just one man’s opinion…

Thanks! Just scored a 78% on the CFAI mock PM (did not attempt the AM). Going to see how I do on a Schweser test later this week and compare

Just finished the cfa am mock and have got to say that even if I scored 72% (same result as the schweser I previously completed) it is the exam where I’ve had to guess the most answers and/or calculations… at one point I was so discouraged I wanted to just quit doing it.

What if I told you. . . CFA Institute isn’t even writing those questions?

I have only taken 4 Schweser Practice exams. Have graded them and almost done re-working them in detail for a second time.

I am planning on doing 2015-2018 AM CFA Section and 2 Schewser Final Mocks.

Then CFA Mock on Monday. Tuesday-Friday to Finalize

I am getting 55 in the AM and 60 in the PM on my first Schweser run through. I took 4 practice Schweser tests in 5 days.

I am off work until the test and hope I can fill in my gaps and increase my score to get me over the top. I definitely have some easy points I can pick up in swaps and derivatives along with some other areas.

I am doing good in Ethics which is reassuring. I probably will need to re-read GIPS 1-2 days before the exam along with a power read of all the biases

Did the AM CFAI mock yesterday and wow…absurd. Scored 70% but by luck only. Sure I made a couple of mistakes (did it at the airport/on the plane back from a business trip). But on the whole I had no idea what was going on. Sometimes I wondered if I was doing the right exam! I’ve done 7 pm mocks (ave 75-80%) and 11 am mocks (ave 75-80%) so it concerns me that there was so much in this CFAI mock that I had genuinely never heard of (no questions on it in any other mock, EoC Qs etc). And some of the wording was disgusting! I didn’t understand some of the questions never mind the answers… I’ll review it tonight and try to pick up snippets and then put it down to a bad paper. Will do the second one on Saturday then have next week off to re-do a couple of other mocks as a confidence booster. Does anyone think this CFAI mock is actually representative of the real thing? If so the prep providers are even further off than I thought!

Fin Quiz PM is ok but their am essay questions test a lot of the fringe material. I would avoid.

Cfai Mock exams were by far the hardest I’ve done. AM was 72% but I made a lot more guesses that turned out to be right… Second exam was just as hard. I’ve also done the IFT multiple choice and they are quite like cfa topic tests and good for practice.

Also found the CFAI 2019 MCQ mocks tough and got c. 70% partly through luck as well. I will go through the topic tests online again next week to review FI and Equity (given the syllabus changes) and redo the CFAI 2019 mocks as I did them a few weeks ago now

I got 73% on AM and I completely agree - I thought it was the most difficult exam thus far for L3, despite scoring well. Curious to see how PM goes.

Did you guys also do the 2018 MCQ mocks?

No, where did you get them?

I also want to get a hold of those past MCQs.

73% AM / 77% PM for a grand total of 75%. Pleasantly surprised!