CFAI / Schweser

Schweser materials are great. But there is always a risk to be “Schweserized”. To limit this risk for future level II candidates, I suggest we list here the difficulties we encountered during the exam because the terms were not explained or different in Schweser books. I start: CFAI / Schweser - Calculation of correlation with sum of squarred errors / Not explained in S. books but part of level I program - Calculation of key duration rates / Not explained (or I have not seen it) - Inflation passthrough / Explained in study notes but not in Secret Sauce (-> should be added?) - “[Extended] CAPM” / Not sure what is that in Schweser terms. Is it the APT model ? - Ethics questions are asked differently: no reference to the actual I,A) to VII, B) paragraph of the code of ethics / Training questions usually make ref. to the paragraph. - Statement questions: answers are [always] Yes followed by three No, because / In training questions, answers combine most of the time two statements and are Y/Y, Y/N, N/Y, N/N (more difficult) - Cost proximity loss / Loss of cost parity - … / …

Extended capm was in schweser. Key duration was in there too. Cost/diff parity too.

doworkson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Extended capm was in schweser. Key duration was in > there too. Cost/diff parity too. cost/diff parity, not “proximity” The terminology differences freaked me out.