CFAI working around prep providers?

I also passed all 3 on the first try and used Schweser almost exclusively. The way I see it, Schweser covers about 90% of the available points on the exam, and it takes about half the time (or less) to go thru than the texts. It is just more efficient becuase there is so much excess material in the texts that it tkaes longer and you actually dilute the knowledge in your brain with irrelevent items.

I used only Stalla last year for L1 and passed. Whether you use CFAI or prep providers doesn’t matter at L1 as long as you have the concepts nailed down! and I don’t remember seeing any question at all of which I had no clue about. So prep-material users please relax and stay confident.

In reply to ohnomrbill who had a bad experience with Q-bank. While it may not exactly reflect the exam questions I still found it very useful as an additional resource. So my suggestion is to do your concentrated study using CFAI end of chapter questions, and study provider notes. In your “spare” time, even just sitting in front of the TV with your laptop open, run through the Q-bank questions. Make sure you choose the option where you get the answer immediately after you’ve answered the question, this will reinforce the concept in your mind. So Q-bank is not the focus of your study, but a great tool to get those concepts into your head. Thousands of questions and review of the answers can only help you on exam day.