Chappelle

• I tried watching Burr’s stand up and couldn’t get through more than 15 minutes of it. I really tried, but he’s a Carlin clone. Much like many clones, he’s slightly deformed, less intelligent, and likely sterile.
  • Women aren’t funny. Ever.
  • Louis CK is doing something that hasn’t really been done before. He’ll go down as one of the best comedians of all time.
  • That was FT’s worst post ever.

+1 on all points.

what exactly is louis been doing that hasnt been done before? Hes pretty standard IMO, very funny, but i must be missing something?

Chappelle’s Netflix specials were good but not great. I’m glad he is back and would have been a shame if he went the route of Eddie Murphy.

Chris Rock will go down as the greatest stand-up of all-time. Top shelf HBO specials, several bad movies and still touring in 2017.

Yes

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paG1-lPtIXA]

Spit out what I was drinking @ Nick Dipaolo mention.

FT should be banned #FreeCvM

A man of many words I see. Please expand

Excellent special; vintage Dave Chapelle. Much of the structure parallels his “For What it’s Worth” special. I’d say he’s one of the best when it comes to story telling, redirection, joke recall, timing, and social commentary. It felt like he didn’t skip a beat from where he left off.

Chapelle is no Eddie Murphy or Pryor in their prime but the specials were pretty entertaining. Especially the part about the Care Bears and the millenials in the 1st episode.

LOL…ZERO TASTE. Holy crap, your only good mention here is Eddie Murphy. I wonder what your taste is like in other parts of life…do you date 5’s and call them 10’s?

#Ditto

I think Tosh is crap. But, you gotta give the guy credit for Mitch Hedburg. He is classic.

Tosh is outstanding. He’s the smartest comic I’ve seen since Carlin. He owns one of my favorite quotes and words I live by: “If you’re the type of person that says ‘there’s nothing funny about ________’, I hate you.” So true. And Mitch was the man. Ramos needs to see some Mitch before dissing the rest of FT’s horrible, horrible post.

I watched the two episodes of Chappelle last night. The first one was much better but both were good. The call back to end the first episode was comic genius. Going from an odd story about pitching a superhero and tying that to Cosby…Gold, Dave. Pure Gold.

I hear you, I do like Tosh, Chappelle and Mitch, even Geraldo and Burr (in doses). It doesn’t take a genius to see that FT’s discerning taste really just boils down to a high propensity for anti-women rants particularly from Geraldo, Tosha and Burr (not that I mind them, just saying obvious bias is obvious).

^And, I think it’s worth noting that people need to watch Tosh’s stand up to really get what he’s about. Tosh.O is a very light version of what he does on stage.

Its amazing watching Tosh’s old stuff he had such terrible delivery and an awkward stage presence, its crazy to watch his later stuff when he just kills it.

Alright, I tried this Chappelle recommendation too, lots of comedy posts?

He’s good and has a tight act, but some of it is kind of dated. A lot of these guys are sort of establishment tw@ts, Chappelle is not bad, but I prefer Burr or Carlin, not so much sucking up.

WTF is Tosh??

i dunno brah, only a Kansas bro can see the funny side of the kkk slaughtering and raping black women

Yea some of the material is dated because one of them was filmed in 2015 and just released. PA if you really want to judge Chappelle watch his old specials “For What Its Worth” and “Killin Them Softly” those are his 2 big ones that really put him on. His 2 new specials while good, werent as amazing as those.