"Children Don’t Come Cheap: Cost of Raising One Hits $233,610"

sure its expensive. but its your genetic makeup. im sure that is priceless.

Excellent point. Short of freezing yourself and hoping science evolves to the point that you can be “cured” of old age and successfully revived at some point in the future or being able to clone yourself, having kids is the only way to live forever genetically speaking.

On the other hand, they will all explode with the sun anyway.

unless they make death star.

Agreed!

I’m still looking but I would prefer not to get into marriage thing for next couple of years. I know it’s kind of difficult for me to find a decent white girl who would be interested in something serious but that doesn’t mean that I should just get married to her. You gotta enjoy the ride for a while.

Where can I sell my kids for this amount?

I think about it whenever I have to take a decision on subjects like marriage.

Lol, I think that’s illegal here. You can do that in a 3rd world country though. But again low value.

I’ll check when I’m down in Florida next month.

People sell their kids here all the time, it’s called private adoption.

Can you actually get cash for them? How much?

My thought throughout this whole thread - yeah $233K average, then your child is accepted to NYU without a scholarship - which costs what, at least $300K+++ with housing food tuition …

My brother sent his children to private schools in high school and basically gave up admiral in the Navy (he got out as O-6 like everyone in my family) to work full time as an executive in a company to pay for everything …

It is illegal to actually sell them, but as part of the private adoption process, a pregnant woman can negotiate with the prospective adoptive parents to be reimbursed for just about anything. A friend of mine adopted and he and his wife bought the birth mother a car so she could get to her OB/GYN appointments. They also paid for all medical costs that weren’t covered by insurance and gave her a food stipend so she could eat healthy (no clue if she actually did or not).