Collective Stupidity of Lenders; Borrows and the Housing Bill

The S&L crisis between 1980 and 1994 was more or less limited in US. However, this time it’s a credit crisis on global scale. The ripple effects and consequences won’t be at the same level. I don’t think there’ll be a magic bullet to resolve all this mess. Maybe Mr. Market has its own idea??? Right now our government seems can still spend without limits – despite we are literally running on the borrowed. Until the gov. budget is balanced, we won’t have a functioning government, let alone expect it intervene and normalize the market.

spierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dsylexic Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If 400000 people who were living beyond their > > means lost ‘their’ houses, it wouldnt be > throwing > > out the baby with the bathwater. > > spierce is probably a beneficiary of the > largesse, > > like the other bond buyer -bill gross. > > gotta love crony capitalism. > > > I don’t benefit at all from the bailout. My job > isn’t to invest in RMBS, nor companies associated > with consumer lending. However, when it comes to > keeping the economy going, I guess I do benefit, > since I, as well as millions of others, have jobs > because of it. > > But that isn’t a benefit that any of you care > about. just parroting what Paulson and Bernanke say doesnt make it the truth. The govt/fed doesnt have any special insight into what their actions will cause. bernanke ,if you look into his past statements,always maintained that ‘inflationary expectations will moderate over the longer term’. and before that ‘core inflation seems to be well under control’. who can forger greenspan saying .’.uh…who knew the cheap money wouldnt cause an asset bubble… '(this after he retired)

He’s not parroting. He’s trumpeting. He says what they say with such confidence and courage. Of course he cannot be wrong.