Confident? Should you start L2

I am not confident about L1 ? So what can be a good plan for me? Start studying Level 2? I think I shall start for L2 and if i fail in L1 it will still help me when I appear for L2.

If I start preparing for LII after the results then will I be able to complete the material within the given time frame???..That’s the biggest point that’s haunting me…I am expecting around 75-80% score overall but still untill the results don’t show Pass its really difficult to start for LII for me…Any ideas from anyone???..I am really confused…

Taken the L1 exam last Saturday as well… Not too sure on the exam result. AM session was surprisingly easy, afternoon exam was a lot trickier.

Just bought the L2 Schweser books though. The seller is leaving the country in a few days, so wanted to get rid of 'm asap (liquidity risk!) and so I managed to get a good deal on them (50 euro, 2013 edition, books are as new).

So if I didn’t pass, I might at least be able to sell them with a premium and thereby hedge the disappointment of not passing the exam, with the positive feeling of an extraordinary gain on the books :s .

Damn, these lame CFA jokes, I studied too much…

Kaplan has a free trial of L2 stuff you can use until 2/5/14 if you want to get started without wasting money.

I think people are over reacting. 5-6 new readings is not a lot, and these “readings” are not like 30 pages long each, and when you look at the comparison, which is available everywhere, you can easily get yourself familiarized with the changes.

5-6 reading is probably <0.1% of the curriculum, so yes, i wouldn’t call it drastic or material!

Thank you !

Can you share your strategy? How many hours/day? What kind of deep learning do you practice? How do you manage the time in exam?

I studied hard for Level 1, and feel pretty good about it. I scored 75% in 2013 mock. I feel like im burned out now, I have acess to kaplan level II material though the jumpstart program, but have not been able to bring myself to read it yet.

I studied hard for Level 1, and feel pretty good about it. I scored 75% in 2013 mock. I feel like im burned out now, I have acess to kaplan level II material though the jumpstart program, but have not been able to bring myself to read it yet.

Yeah, I also bought the L2 materials and I was pretty pumped to start studying for it right after the exam since I thought I had the momentum, but was not confident that I passed L1. Now that 2+ weeks have passed, I have no motivation to study at all sad But what a waste it would have been for these two months if I DID pass…argh, decisions.

It’s so typical!

Everyone is all fired up 2 days after the exam and want to continue to study and then 2 weeks later they are distracted by other things and remember how tough is it to read the books and being locked up…

I am half confident and half-not-confident blush. Anyway, I got the L2 materials as well and gathered some strategies. I will start tomorrow. Please advice which topic should I study first. Thank you.

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-general-discussion/91327297

please read~

^ words of wisdom

This December tuesday, 17th. I already finished the first sesion of Derivatives of schweser 2014 CFA level 2. I want to keep the motivation. Your messages help me to that. I began with that topic because I see currency forward valuation in my work, Market Risk Management.

Daniel

Economist.