Corporate Banking -

I also worked in Transaction Services at a Big4.

What you describe (debt advisory and valuations) would fall under “Corporate Finance” in the Big4 that I worked in, and is higher in the pecking order than TS.

I did this in the transfer pricing dept, so its different, although same concepts and knowledge used. Really want to get out of that and do the real corporate finance stuff. proving difficult to impossible.

THinking TS is a bad idea, DD may just be too boring.

So if I get it right: TP uses the same skills as CF, but since it’s not deal-related it’s not very glamour ? I guess that’s a plus of TS: you do alot of crap, but at least you can say that you have deal-related experience, I guess.

Even if in my case, the M&A deals were not directly relevant to the DD. I basically just provided the inputs for valuation: how much is LTM underlying EBITDA, how much is adjusted Net Debt, etc…

TS can be pretty bad. Especially when you have to make sense of shitty raw controlling reports to produce some digestable figures in a data room with bad coffee at 3am.

IMO it is not a bad first experience, but I sure wouldn’t want to transition into that.

Ok thanks mate. Think I will steer clear of it for now.

Really want one of these corporate banking roles. Just finding it difficult, due to as I said having a bit too much experience so they think Ill get bored. and not having enough experience for the less boring levels of the job.

Also wanted to ask, does anyone have any idea about global banking, as in for multinationals, what goes on there.

Ok editing since I have an interview for this in the analyst level tomorrow.

There will be a lot of behavioural based interview questions I believe. So I am just wondering if someone can help me with these baviour questions in what they are actually looking to see from them? I have plenty of work experiences form them, but when they ask them, for example “a time when you had to work under pressure and juggle many tasks” what are they actually looking to see in the answers? thanks.

I am so frustrated right now.

Had another corp bank credit analyst interview this week. Went very well, with head of the dept. He was positive about moving the process along quickly. Said now that HR is not so positive as they have tried to take on big 4 movers before and it has not been a great success. So he just wanted to let me know that if I get other offers to not throw them away.

This is so damn frustrating, feel like im never going to find anything. Market is terrible and anytime I get close there are just roadblocks.

Feels like I am going to have to go back to accounting firms and to a life of what I can’t stand. But even getting back into that may prove a big challenge.

HR has more power than the head of the dept??? Me thinks he tried to find a scapegoat.

Dude it could be that it’s an HR paper pusher trying to feel important, and that you’ll get the offer.

It could also be that it won’t work out.

These situations are extremely frustrating and stressful, since there is nothing in your control anymore. Unfortunately they are part of the game.

From the guy that says in an interview “oh yeah you should be getting the job”, only to have a “hiring freeze” 2 weeks later…

…to the offer having been made, but with the official hiring contract that never comes…

Many of us have been there, just try to relax (I know I tend to obsess about these types of things), you have done pretty much all you can.

Hey
An escrow account is a temporary deposit held by a third party on behalf of two other parties, which is usually called an escrow agentю. The temporary account operates until the process of a transaction is complete and all conditions between both parties are settled. The money or other assets are debited from this account when the predetermined legal obligations are fulfilled or the escrow agent receives the instructions to release the assets.