Costco Membership

Chicken bake definitely sounds like American food. And tasty.

Indeed; and Costco has some of the lowest liquor prices you’ll find anywhere in the world.

Here’s a sample of prices at my local Costco on giant 1.75L bottles:

• Canadian Club Whiskey - $14.97
  • Bacardi White Rum - $16.99
  • Jose Cuervo Tequila - $25.99
  • Tanqueray Gin - $29.99
  • Johnny Walker Red Whiskey - $34.99
  • Grey Goose Vodka - $45.99

It’s essentially chicken breast strips (like the find you get on top of a salad), bacon (I think), cheese, wrapped in dough and baked. They used to serve it with a side of caeser salad dressing as a dipping sauce, but not anymore.

Here’s a better description: http://addictedtocostco.com/2008/04/29/lunch-at-costco-chicken-bake-churros-and-hot-dogs/

I know many people who share one membership between 2-3 families. Becomes much easier to make your money worth…

I gotta drive down to texas costco now.

^ Have you ever been to a US Costco? I popped into one in San Diego to get some stuff before heading home and its like Canadian Costco on sterioids. In one 15 minute trip, I was comforted that US consumerism is a-ok.

Let’s not forget that NFL Super Star, Alex Smith, and his wife shop at Costco.

has anyone bought furniture from Costco? I heard its fairly decent quality.

I have a couch and table from Costco. Couch is OK, its just in the kid’s playroom so nothing fancy. Table is nice.

No but I’ve been to a few alcohol warehouses in Cali… as a LCBO guy, that was an eye opener.

American stores are excessive and decadent, but you really can’t knock how awesome it is.

_ Hey! You Can Buy Alcohol At Costco And Sam’s Club Without A Membership! http://consumerist.com/2009/01/05/hey-you-can-buy-alcohol-at-costco-and-sams-club-without-a-membership/_

Need some quality alcohol at discount prices? Don’t want to sign up for a Costco, Sam’s Club or BJ’s membership? There may be hope for you! SmartMoney did a little investigation and what they uncovered is downright magical — old state blue laws allow citizens of certain states to buy alcohol from “membership only” wholesale clubs — without a membership. Here are the details: Costco: Membership is not required for purchases of alcohol in the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Texas and Vermont.

I’ve heard Costco has good budget dress shirts from several sources. But never shopped at one personally

My dad always buys the short sleeve button shirts, and I am like “what are you doing?” I guess some people are just into this style.

I think one difference between the US and other countries is that other countries have stricter licensing on who can sell certain brands. For instance, in other countries, you can only buy Polo Ralph Lauren at select retailers. However, in the US, once Ross or Costco gets their hands on a big stock of these, they sell them out for cheap.

their S/S button shirts are horrid.

^ All S/S button shirts are horrid.

Agreed. And all costco clothes come in XXXL.

Do you never wear s/s button downs?

FTR - that’s about as dressed up as I ever get. I might put on a l/s button down shirt once a month. I haven’t put on a tie in over a year.

I think he meant S/S button shirts, but now that you mention it, s/s button down is even worse…

The worst. Either wear a polo shirt, or a l/s button down.

Costco is good for food (meat/vegitables/eggs).

DO NOT buy food from Walmart/Sam’s. They are notroious for seeling tainted food and have terrible quality controls. There was an eye opening article in BBG Businessweek about this a year or so ago.