Could The Grinch steal my this year AM session results? Your thoughts are welcome.

Au contraire, OP was coherent…

@ OP - I’m really sorry for your situation, it seems like you’re really putting in all the necessary efforts. If I were in your shoes, I’d focus on reviewing this year’s AM when it’s available and see where you’re falling short in these written sessions. No doubt, they’re a challenge. Focusing on the AM almost exclusively won’t hurt your PM performance, you seem to have that session completely nailed. Best of luck.

Not really…

Most of the suggestions posted so far matched my thoughts.

GothamSenator, Thank you!

I wish I wrote down the answers right after the exam, while they were fresh in my memory, but i was so sure I got most of the questions right that I did not even want to think about it at the time.

Say you have your answers written. So what? Could you submit them to cfai after the am answers went public and make a case? Biiiiiig doubt. Their goal is to take your money and to preserve prestige itera’s charter. They do not have a goal to be transparent to you. From now on for you it is the question not even of trust, but of belief. Do you believe in cfai? Literally like that.

i agree that the trend in scores doesn’t make sense and that, based on the pm section, you really knew your stuff more this year versus prior years. and i don’t think it’s possible that you “just don’t get it,” with respect to formulating essay responses - as your 2014 morning performance was decent.

if i were you, i’d for sure pay the nominal fee for a retabulation - just having the peace of mind that someone took another look at your results to make sure there weren’t any obvious shenanigans; that would be worth every penny of the $100 retab fee. beacuse that’s exactly what it would be for me - a $100 “peace of mind” fee.

I did 10 AM exams and studied over a thousand hours to get smoked on the AM. its very obvious for me that this years AM was one of the toughest I had to solve out of the past 10 AM exams. Just like you I nailed the PM and failed the AM like someone that never read a CFA book in his entire life. I convinced myself that 2015 AM session was extremely hard. Here are my results for you to look at. Your story is very similar to mine I know how you feel!

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Institutional 14 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 17 * - - 3 Fixed Income Investments 19 * - - 4 Alternative Investments 20 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 14 - * - 7 Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Individual 16 * - - 9 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 15 * - - 10 Economics 14 * - - 11 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 18 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 36 - - *

We have divided the group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with the overall scores of candidates who did not pass this exam. For example, a score band of 1 indicates performance in the bottom 10%, a score band of 10 indicates performance in the top 10%. Your score band: 7

Calvinoh:

I took the exam last year and scored much better on the AM than this year even without putting so many hours in.

Thank you Eddy.

I will definitely do a retabulation and let everybody know.

I heard that CFAI disassembles the booklet by each section, then graders grade each section separately depending on their expertise and then the booklet get assembled again to count the point.

Does anybody know if this is true?

AM is definitely tough, I consider myself a great test taker and my 40/60/80 score is still only 65% despite a great PM performance.

One of my colleagues failed 4 AM sections and still passed.

CALVINOH:

Did you finish all AM questions? How confident were you answering the AM questions?

My bet is that you understand the material but didn’t see the tricks and traps.

I read vignettes very carefully and underlined all important details. I don’t think the AM session was tricky, but it was intense due to the time limit. I finished with only 1-2 minutes left.

I think they actually do diassemble your booklet… how else would they have different graders grading different questions??

I have a question?? are candidates required to initial every page of the answer bookelt??I definitely didn’t do it. I failed Band 10 and would really love to know this. My score in PM was everything >70 except Ethics and GIPS.

My AM score was 6=<50 3 (50-70) and 2 >70… some peeps passed with worse matrices than myself.

You do not initial your booklet… matrices can be all over the place, the range is huge.

You don’t have to. I just think it is a good idea, to make sure that no one messes up with your booklet.

Had you scored well on ethics and got lower score on something else, you could have passed.

i got band 9 with a 40/60/80 score of 60.7% as per 300 hours and went for a retab…most probably in a day or two i should get a reply…i have a better chance of winning the lottery but had to do it for closure…

bertran75 go for retab, after that plenty of time to figure out what went wrong…

I finished every single AM question and my expectations were 4 sections in the AM over 70, 3 sections under 50 and the rest in the middle. I really studied so hard that I helped some friends pass and I failed! What a funny senario but its true! I mastered all the CFA books and did EOCQ and Blue Blox at least twice. I also summarized the 6 books in my own writing and solved tons of questions I walked in the exam room very confident and my worst case senario was no less than a 65%. I remember my highest score was the 2014 AM session. Like I said before this AM exam was completely out the box and unexpected I dont even know how to be prepared for such a surprise like that…