Countrywide

Trust me, I don’t have my hopes up. We love to lose the big game

The streak is finally coming to an end this weekend GoVols! And despite sitting through many heart-breaking near misses over the past 20+ years, I can’t go. Decided to make the UGA game at Athens instead. I guess ahahah wasn’t the only one making a bad choice…

Hey, your boys put up a better fight than AU or UF did Eddie. You guys are a good team, you need another statement win for the season…

We should have won. Our young defense FINALLY stepped up and played a solid game. Unfortunately, Woodson reverted back to his 2005 season and was missing WIDE OPEN receivers. If he would have played like he did during the first half of the season we could have put the game away by halftime. But we are talking about UK football…we never put teams away early. The funny thing is beating UT means more than a win at UGA. Beating UGA would have dropped them out of a BCS bowl. Thus they would have slipped to Capital One Bowl and Florida to Outback-- regardless of the UT game outcome. However, if UGA beats GA Tech and we beat UT, we should make it to the Outback Bowl. Would be just the second New Year’s Day bowl game in my lifetime…how sad is that? But it is progress.

I think if you guys come to play, you should have more success on the ground against UT, so if you can keep them honest, I think Woodson will have a good chance to pick them apart through the air… Put Eric Berry in his place…

I bet that Randy Sanders has had this game circled on his calender since the begining of the season. He will have Woodson ready to play. UK will have to beat Tennessee through the air. UT has been somewhat succesful against the run this year (ex. UGA and Ark.). But their secondary is young and inexperienced. Look what Alabama did to them. As for Eric Berry, despite having a couple of big games this year, he has taken his lumps. But watch out next year. You can’t deny his potential. To win the game, UT is going to have to pound the ball, run it down their throats, and keep the ball out of Woodson’s hands. Just give it to Foster and get out of the way.

Don’t mind me with my shots at Berry… I’m still bitter that we didn’t get him. The real story of why UGA won last weekend was that we stopped the run and got some pressure on Woodson without blitzing too much or stacking the box. If you give Wilson time or make playaction an option, it’s gonna be a long day. If you blitz them they kill you with screens…