cycling

I cycled 46mi today and burned 5,765 calories overall. Right as I was leaving my apt, I opened the door and those neon Flyknits were on my door mat, which was motivating. I did some bridge repeats and about 30mi of intervals (stop and go urban riding downtown, stoplights and racing cars to 25mph over and over again). I switched pumps this week (stand up home pump) and this one seems to be working a lot better. The other pump looked really fancy, but I don’t think it was as good. Today was really fun on the bike. I rode 35mi without a shirt. Didn’t really get burned.

Cycling Dashcam https://cycliq.com/bike-cameras/?utm_source=google&utm_campaign=usa_search_cameras&utm_medium=cpc

This is really cool. I want one.

Image result for cycliq

Related image

Related image

Kangaroo Video:

https://vimeo.com/205173543

“Last Sunday, I was riding down a steep hill at 70 kph when a large Kangaroo jumped out of the surrounding bush, I just had enough time to swerve a bit and the Kangaroo hit my left arm and the rear of my bike, somehow I managed to stay upright even though I had damage to the rear wheel and tire. “ Captured on a Fly6 bike camera by Tony - Brindabella Road, West of Canberra, ACT, Australia

No way u burned 5700cals. Is that what you’re garmin says?..I don’t think that accounts for the 35mph descents…

I wouldn’t say it’s accurate for that?

5700cals… that’s like 2 days of food,

haha yeah 5,765 overall for the day, not a 5,765 cal ride, that would truly be insane… :stuck_out_tongue:

Those activity trackers tend to through up some pretty inflated numbers for calories burned. My fitbit gives me about 800 calories for a 45 min spin class or 300-400 for a 40 minute fast walk home.

I’m tempted to get a Garmin or an apple watch.

Its not inflated if it says I burn 5500, then I eat 5000-6000 cal and stay the same weight…

The calorie burn rate is one of the best things for me on this Fitbit Ionic - I have a calorie alarm at 4,000 and if I hit that early in the day, it gives me some warning to buy/prepare food before I calorie crash or run out of reasonable things to eat.

If your calories burned aren’t corresponding to your calorie intake, maybe adjust the weight that you have in your watch as that affects the calculation.

^haha need more energy!

Look, I woke up in beast mode With my girl, that’s beauty and the beast though

Gringo - I use a weight a little above my morning weigh in which is a bit below my average weight for the day. So typically my morning weigh in lately hits 177-178, but before sleep I’m around 183-184. I have mine set at 179.4 and it’s good for me now, but I adjust it if my mean weight changes.

I don’t need the calorie burn rate to be exact, but it seems like it’s pretty close to the actual range for me.

Before I had the Fitbit sometimes I would be hungry, but not know the ‘depth’ of my hunger. Like when you eat a bite of something and then are suddenly very hungry. I knew if I was in the hole 2500 cal vs 3500 cal, what kind of things to order at the restaurant or with friends (like hmm, should I get 2 or 3 entrees).

@ 178lbs before I went riding today did 39.61mi in this ‘outfit’ mostly urban riding (courier style city riding)

burned 4,9XX cal for the day

You’re shredded to F dude. How tall are you?

Ah ok, I suppose the difficulty is they’re estimating based on averages.

I do some sort of physical activity pretty much every day and walk everywhere and my fitbit gives me 4000+ calories a day. If I ate that amount every day I’d be a total bloater.

Looking lean ACE. I’ve been stuck around 182, probably need to do a fast day to break through. I was talking to a guy at the gym yesterday and for his last fight he weighed in at 184 and fought the next day at 205 (about 6’1"). It’s crazy how some people can manipulate their weight like that. It almost wasn’t even a fair fight, completely dominated the opponent.

Anyone do any mountain biking? I love the strength, strategy and interval aspect of it.

I don’t think i’ve ever registered a daily calorie count over 4,000, and I run or lift weights 6 days a week in addition to several miles of walking/chasing after kids every day. Not sure what kind of tapeworm sh!t you guys got going on inside.

Humidity is getting to me lately. My weight changed by 6 pounds this week, day-to-day, just from different hydration and food levels.

I find water weight to be a total headf u ck when cutting. Especially if I cave and have a few drinks

184cm / 72.5inches

I did 20mi when I got up today. I might try to start to do 2/days cycling at this point as I feel pretty healthy. I’m not sure how many miles I want to do tonight, maybe 30mi at least. 40mi would be nice. I just kind of go with how I feel. I don’t have the equipment to do 2/days hardcore right now though. I only have two pairs of clip in shoes - one pair is for my Trek and I use Tri Fly IVs (Tri Shoes). I have Shimano Road Bike shoes which have a bit more intricate straps and are heavier, but are generally good for spin class and I have the spin class clips I keep on the bottom of those. I need one more pair of shoes as I can’t train in shoes that never dry. I sweat my ass off and my shoes typically take at least 10 hours or so to dry. I want the same feel of the shoes from intraday training and switching out equipment (I’m very meticulous about my training gear), so I ordered the Tri Fly Elite VI, which look pretty similar to my Tri Fly IVs, so I expect the same durability and feel.

Image result for tri fly elite v6 Bad drivers have been an issue for me in the past few days and although I don’t wear safety equipment, I’m not a retard on the road. I follow pretty much all the rules of the road, for my safety and the safety of others. But, I’ve had some close calls in the past day which I have missed by literally a hair. I typically feel comfortable with about 1 inch minimum on each side of my fingers on my bike if I’m going through slow moving traffic, but yesterday really pushed the limit with that. I was going at pretty high speed on this main street downtown and checked behind me to see the rate of progression of cars behind me and this black Tahoe was behind me, about to overtake me. Ok. Cool. So I kept tight to the parked cars on my right and this dude jerked his door open to get out of his car without checking about 4 feet in front of me when I’m going about 22mph or something. I had to pump jerk to the left, but I knew that Tahoe was on my ass, so felt really f’ed at that point. I ducked my head to check behind me under my armpit and that Tahoe nearly freaking hit me. He was a couple of feet away from my back tire. I was really off balance and there are two lanes on this street and had to crash check (last minute glance before crashing) at the far lane because I cut so hard that I couldn’t cut back without flipping or something. There wasn’t any other car coming and I swooped into the side lane and that dude in the Tahoe and I exchanged glances as he passed like we just avoided some shit. The drivers in my city are horrible. NYC drivers are amazing for bikers I have found, especially the cabs as their situational awareness seems to be really high (even if they drive aggressive, it is consistent and predictable). I have to check the plates in my city for a lot of tourists because if I’m near a car with an out of state plate, they are likely to randomly cut or turn or brake in front of me and drive very sporadic. So I got a dash cam today as well, mainly for liability reasons, but also for safety. Well, for fun too! Maybe I can get some cool shots. :slight_smile: I went with the Cycliq front and back cams and lights.

I stopped at my LBS earlier and seemed to drop some mula there as well somehow, this stuff adds up. I had to get new Look Keo cleats and got 2 pair for the new shoes as well as some more handlebar tape and chain grease (I got a GPS mount for my iPhone as well, so now my bike is going to be super high tech). I don’t think I’ll use the mount often, but I’m trying to get all the gear I need for serious training as I need to get used to it and adjust it and even the placement of the cleats on my shoes take a few tries for me to perfect as the placement of the cleats trains your muscles in slightly different ways depending on how you mount them.

These shoes look nasty actually. I’m pretty excited to get these setup. http://www.220triathlon.com/gear/gear-guides/triathlon-bike-shoes-10-of-the-best-reviewed/9992-2.html

£169.99

The main strap on Pearl Izumi’s Tri Fly Elite fastens towards the outside, like the Specialized Trivent SC. It’s unusual for a tri shoe but makes sense as there’s no danger of it catching on your cranks. The lack of tongues means they’re surprisingly easy to get into after mounting your bike, and also makes for good ventilation. The carbon sole is rock solid – ideal for aggressive riding. A very low stack height of 5mm allows for maximum pedalling efficiency and, to counter the minimal height, a hugely comfortable insole is included that provides good arch support. At £170 they’re by no means cheap, but they’re a lot less than Scott’s Carbon Tri while manging to offer comparative levels of performance. madison.co.uk

Verdict: A quality high-performance shoe for fast riding 87%

Yes, STL, I have taken over the cycling and mile threads… I am very passionate about high athletic performance!!! and also… Related image

:stuck_out_tongue:

If I never met ace I would never believe his stories

#legit