Dear AF community, I'm in. Advice to others.

That’s already more relative experience then I had. Your already one step ahead. Just do the things I listed above and I see no reason why you can’t break in. If you work your behind off, its a matter of ‘time’ not ‘if’.

@Everyone. Thanks again!

Agree on work your ass off/making it an obsession. By taking it to this level the amount of knowledge you gain is unquantifiable. Nevertheless, congrats.

^ That’s how Anthony Robbins does it.

Congrats dude. Which firm?

Congrats op! I’m in the same boat, just restarting my job search now. Your story is very inspiring. Can I ask which job market you were primarily looking in and how long it took you to find your current position?

Im glad it was to you!

Mid to small sell-side because I knew this is where my best chance was. Took a few years.

How you liking it Buffett?

Good. Lots of work obvisouly compared to old job which I don’t have a problem with except the CFA LIII does. That’s the only thing that sucks is trying to focus and put the time in LIII with new job but career > CFA so I must have my priorities straight.

The only thing that was a little surprising was the high turnover. Don’t know if this is normal in the industry or not.

What do you mean by turnover? What kind of firm is it? MM, regional boutique, BB etc.

lulz.

I had about 7 interviews in ER/AM roles before I finally landed one.

Ironically, the last was the biggest. Even though I’m really enjoying ER, I’m still shooting for AM/HF eventually.

Learning to do interviews is a big one if I had to add. I picked up the type of questions asked in the previous ones, and learned how to properly answer. The added confidence of doing this for the nth time also helps. You just get used to it.