Dec L1 Prep/ Good luck June L1 Candidates

So here’s the plan guys-(Revised…lol) One study session per week.

1. Watch Elan Lecture videos one day-Morning

Read Elan Notes from Study Guide -Evening

1. Do practise problems from Elan-Morning & Evening

2. Read CFAI text - Morning & Evening

3. Do CFAI EOC Problems-Morning & Evening

4. Review

Weekend- For Catchup reading/ problem areas in study session/ extra reading

Hit repeat for next 5 months.

Any suggestions welcome!

Amar

I don’t know about used, but you can buy ‘copies’ of the QBank. I think the person has to be tech savy enough to copy it, though

Coming from someone who studied using Schweser notes and sat forJune’s L1 exam, I think schweser covered the material pretty well. If you have a finance/accounting background, I think it’s more than enough for Level 1 + practice exams, EOCs and the qbank of course.

I have no idea about Elan guides so they might be good as well,

Good luck!

I studied from the Schweser notes exclusively. I watched the Schweser videos after I finished all the readings, it helped me refresh the loads of material. And What I found to be really really really helpfull even better than qbank was the EOC from the curriculum and going over every single question after, so maybe in the month of review you can do the qbank and the EOC and finally the practice exams and after finishing them going over every single question.

Thanks hamada.

What is your background? If you studied finance or accounting you can get by without reading the official L1 curriculum. You should really try to do the questions at the end of each reading though.

I have never used schweser but i can tell you that i doubt anything can be better than elan! i used the entire package for dec L1 2011 the videos are great and 2500 qbank questions was definitely enough plus 3 mocks. Their notes and videos are amazing maybe slow at time but cant blame them for explaining too much…

for each reading i did:

1. watch the video

2. read the elan notes

3. read EOC summary to see if they forgot something and did EOC questions

4. when I finished 2 or 3 study sessions or a particular area I did the elan qbank for it

5. last month i did the same reread the elan notes or my notes fairly quickly and redid qbank 3 sessions by 3 sessions and did 2.5 mocks and the cfai mock half each day; i ve never took a full mock in one day.

6. I passed with >70 in all sections

7. now im getting fcked at L2 and will probably be taking it again next year with more prep since i only started in march this year and try to repeat my L1 plan hoping Elan can produce L1 quality material for L2 because they were really ebhind schedule this year!

Thanks bpdulog & Micholien…Question for you guys-

I am following the same routine as Micholien-Watching the video +reading elan notes+reading cfai reading+practising elan examples.

HURDLE- When i go do elan practise problems or EOC problems from Cfai, not being able to do them correctly or i should say confidently. I understand the concepts and can disect the questions but seems like miss my way into them. Blame me long time out of school, wondering how to cement these readings so i can stay on track on my study schedule. Sorry don’t wanna do things half ass*** as this will help me in L2.

Really appreciate your help.

Amar

Ammar,

I am finding ur plan very useful and I am also preparing for December Level 1

Can we do group studies and tell each other at the end of each week, how much we have done, and get motivated.

If u think the same, and ready to make a study group, please contact me on my mail Huzaifa_salman18@yahoo.co.uk

@ mashi: You might want to check out the ‘Hook Up’ forum

How far along are you guys in your prep?