Decline in CFA Registration

Nurses are crazy (in a bad way). I’ve banged a few. Totally nutzo. I can’t say I know a single mentally stable nurse…but then again I don’t think I know a single mentally stable female. *runs* Nonetheless, god bless their hard work. Edit 2: Upon much reflection, I actually don’t care much for the finance profession. Will it stop me from using it to be a means to an end? No. I feel that it is inherently empty. *runs faster*

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > btw, my sis is interviewing for jobs right now. > she just finished her last year of residency. > thats 4 years med school (after an ivy league), > plus 3 years residency @35k. now she can go to > any city in america and land a 190k job. i wish i > had the discipline to study as much as med school > requires. but personally, i dont want the > responsibility of someone elses life in my hands. Yeah. I’m also really squeamish about blood and guts and things like that. If it weren’t for that, I might have become an MD… or a soldier…

reck0n3r Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nurses are crazy (in a bad way). I’ve banged a > few. Totally nutzo. > > I can’t say I know a single mentally stable > nurse…but then again I don’t think I know a > single mentally stable female. > > *runs* > > Nonetheless, god bless their hard work. > > Edit 2: Upon much reflection, I actually don’t > care much for the finance profession. Will it stop > me from using it to be a means to an end? No. I > feel that it is inherently empty. > > *runs faster* For someone who is running, you make a lot of sense. I agree with both your observations.

I’m surprised that so many people are bailing on the CFA, that seems like a mistake to me. Investment management, which is what the CFA is really for, is certainly not going away. Unless 50 million baby boomers decide not to retire, someone is going to have to manage their money. To me, a downturn like this is exactly when you want to increase your skillset!

Its hard to say because you could see a whole slew of clowns who were about to drop $60/$70K on an MBA program with - up until recently - employer support or what have you now thinking twice. With CFAs aggregate cost of around $4,000 I don’t see it being that adversly affected. I do however see registration reverting back to the mean. Recall that from as many CFAs were issued in the first four DECADES of the program as in the last four years of the progam and give or take a year or two I’m pretty sure that’s accurate. Willy

I hope enrollment declines. Too many CFAs is not a good thing. It won’t allow me to stand out at job interviews :slight_smile:

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > btw, my sis is interviewing for jobs right now. > she just finished her last year of residency. > thats 4 years med school (after an ivy league), > plus 3 years residency @35k. now she can go to > any city in america and land a 190k job. i wish i > had the discipline to study as much as med school > requires. but personally, i dont want the > responsibility of someone elses life in my hands. Is your sister hot?

I don’t care I’ll never stop.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SkipE99 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > btw, my sis is interviewing for jobs right now. > > she just finished her last year of residency. > > thats 4 years med school (after an ivy league), > > plus 3 years residency @35k. now she can go to > > any city in america and land a 190k job. i wish > i > > had the discipline to study as much as med > school > > requires. but personally, i dont want the > > responsibility of someone elses life in my > hands. > > Is your sister hot? not really, but her ex graduated from colombia mba and now makes 400k as a portfolio manager with a private equity fund in NYC. they are still friends, but i think its kind of weird. he is indian and of course smart as heck and there were some family traditional issues that led to their break up. i want them to get back together so he can hook something up after i become a charterholder. any suggs on doing this?

Make some butter chicken and crack a bottle of wine…

@ SkipE99 :wink:

whats that mean? are you winking at me or that you understand what i was saying?