Detroit factory worker walks 21 miles every day to get to work

That makes him more financially responsible than 95% of the people out there. They would have used their credits cards and got themselves in debt.

my train ride to work (round trip) is over 2 hours. Do I at least get a f*cking cookie or something?!

Oh wait, they sell beer at GCT. Im good.

^good time to study…and have beer (at the same time)

Hm… Sceptical about this story.

Doing this for 12 years would kill you.

I was doing a 6-hour tours to work and home for a couple of months some time ago. It all started as I was waiting for a company to decide as to which subsidiary I will work with next, and - for as long as I was hearing conflicting messages on my work schedule (some time here, some time there) - i could not search for an accommodation.

It was a mind numbing experience. I do not know how you could pull it off for years, every day.

Actually, I was keeping the whole travelling story quiet until travelling turned into a real inconvenience - logistically. Motivation: I did not like every monkey capitalising upon me holding to a job.

Tax declaration is your solution.

I have a buddy that works in Midtown Manhattan and lives out near Trenton, doing that commute to and from work. Not sure how he does it, since he says its 1.5-2 hrs each way.

^sounds like a BO gig…hacksaw

Thousands of people do that commute every day and many of them have been doing it for the majority of their careers. I make that trip 2-3 per month to visit with clients and couldn’t imagine having to do it every day.

My commute is recently gone to 40mins from 20mins and I want to put my head through a wall some days because of it. Three hours each way? Hell, I could work in LA from where I live and commute less (via plane).

^ I was looking at new places to live at the same time I took a new job and immediately struck the places that were going to be a bad commute. My drive is about 15-20 minutes in the morning and about 20-30 in the evening and that’s long enough.