Did anybody receive the famous letter already?

I guess you guys based in North America will be first to be allowed to carry the long awaited three letters!

Despite the declaration in the mid-August email from the CFAI that “once you pass the CFA Level III exam your charter will be issued without delay”, I have received nothing. I guess “without delay” means whenever we get around to it.

Nothing as of Wednesday’s mail.

Keep tracking the membership directory…this will be updated before you receive the letter.

I do that twice a day…

See my earlier post regarding this. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,601287 I am expecting them to reach us by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, given the Labor day weekend.

According to my man, Austin, at CFAI, he received new information today on this topic. If you are already a regular member of CFAI, charters will me mailed out in late September. He indicated that the letter confirming use of the charter designation would be sent in advance and that I “should expect it in early to mid-September”. Enjoy the Labor Day weekend if it applies.

cool that soon enough will order the business cards then

happyshappy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > According to my man, Austin, at CFAI, he received > new information today on this topic. If you are > already a regular member of CFAI, charters will me > mailed out in late September. He indicated that > the letter confirming use of the charter > designation would be sent in advance and that I > “should expect it in early to mid-September”. > > Enjoy the Labor Day weekend if it applies. Charters in late Sept meaning the fancy certificate itself?

Stupid work experience rule. I have to wait until next year because the CFAI doesn’t think auditing is part of the investment process. What is the first thing an investor sees (and presumably reads) when they open a 10Q? Oh yeah, it’s the audit opinion. I am so jealous of you guys talking about getting charters now.

Congrats guys. I wish I was one of you. Maybe I can get my many life issues in order this year and join you as charterholders this time next year.

XSellSide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > happyshappy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > According to my man, Austin, at CFAI, he > received > > new information today on this topic. If you > are > > already a regular member of CFAI, charters will > me > > mailed out in late September. He indicated > that > > the letter confirming use of the charter > > designation would be sent in advance and that I > > “should expect it in early to mid-September”. > > > > Enjoy the Labor Day weekend if it applies. > > Charters in late Sept meaning the fancy > certificate itself? That’s what the man said. I’m never sure what to believe. Based on last year’s posts, it seems that the “famous letter” did not come out until the 3rd week in September. Who knows how long it took for the actual charter to follow. Hopefully, the CFAI has accelerated the process this year, particularly for people who are already regular members and members in their local society. A couple of weeks really don’t matter, but I would like to get permission to use the designation ASAP so I can be like you…“XSellside” and find a new position on the buyside!

I called the main number and was told that the Board of Governors need to meet to formally approve the issuance of the charters and that meeting won’t be until end September. So letters will be mailed, then with charter to follow. I hope that’s not the case, but it’s a waiting game now…

Oh no!!! This is worse than waiting for the exam results.

Letters should come anytime this week or early next week to all regular members who have comppleted all work experience requirements. Charters will be mailed in mid-to late Sep. I do not think letters have to wait till any meeting of Board of Governors. I spoke to someone at CFAI 10 days ago and he said it would take usually 2 weeks for the letter to be mailed from date of release of exam results. Given the long weekend, we could expect it this week.

These operators don’t have a good track record for being on the same page with each other. I’m hoping the one that CFA Fun spoke with is the correct one…

I am assuming the membership directory will be updated before the letters are mailed. Does anyone know if my assumption is correct?

Blastt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oh no!!! This is worse than waiting for the exam > results. I couldn’t disagree more with this statement. I know you are joking, though Blastt. Cheers

I just talked with one of the CSR and he said it will be after Board of Governers meeting. So it will be end of September or early October when you receive the letter.

Another day, a different CFAI phone rep, a different answer. According to “Morgan”, the letter from Jeff D. will NOT be mailed until after the Board of Governors meeting in mid-September. Therefore, you should receive the letter from Jeff D. by the end of September, assuming you have fulfilled all the necessary requirements. Clearly a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Looks like nickj had it right. Clearly, the phone inquiries and speculation has been a big F-ing waste of time. Hopefully, I will be live long enough to receive the letter. If not, please add the three letters to my tombstone.