Did I get the lowest passing score?

Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management 36 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

I literally got the exact same bands and failed band 10.

With the bands being as large as they are, you can be in the same band and have dramatically different marks /120.

So frustrating. From the looks of it, if you were one of the few that did well on AI, you got a pass. This whole MPS thing is so bogus, it’s frustating.

Band 10 in first try . It’s really fruStrating to see 10 . Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management 36 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum although reading comments and gaining some useful tips from this Forum for the last couple of years.

Has anybody got Level 2 passing score Below than me??? I passed Level 2 on the First Attempt. Below is my score.

Greater Than 70% in Equity Investments, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Fixed Income Investments

51-70% in Corporate Finance, Derivatives, Ethical & Professional Standards

Less Than or Equal to 50% in Alternative Investments, Economics, Portfolio Management, Quantitative Methods

Its amazing dude rather quite ASTONISHING that you didn’t passed. just compare your result with my Passed Level 2 result.

Greater Than 70% in Equity Investments, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Fixed Income Investments

Less Than or Equal to 50% in Alternative Investments, Economics, Portfolio Management, Quantitative Methods

Its amazing dude rather quite ASTONISHING that you didn’t passed. just compare your result with my Passed Level 2 result.

The definite narrowest MPS range is 68 to 76 out of 120 (ie, 204 to 228 out of 360). In percentage terms it is 56.7% to 63.3%.

See below the following scores

Score A

@ msc2488

Msc248’s min possible number of correct answers is 68 out of 120 (56.7%) and maximum possible no of correct answers is 95 out of 120 (79.2%). msc2488 has a failed result.

Score B

A score posted in Page 10 in the official cfa level ii results thread (last post of the page) placed btwn quotes

manuag

Jul 29th, 2014 12:18pm

• United States
  • 36 AF Points
    It was a close call, but passed.

Q#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70%-Alternative Investments18*—Corporate Finance36–*-Derivatives36*—Economics18-*–Equity Investments72–*-Ethical & Professional Standards36–*-Financial Reporting & Analysis72-*–Fixed Income Investments18-*–Portfolio Management36-*–Quantitative Methods18*–

Thanks Manuag

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-ii-forum/91334701?page=9

UNQUOTE

manuag’s min possible score is 55 and max possible score is 76 out of 120. He has a pass result.

Now take the minimum possible scores of the failed result (msc2488) and that of the passed result (manuag). This is the MPS range which comes to 68 - 76 out of 120. In % terms it is 56.7% to 63.3%

Will post if I am able to further narrow the MPS range.

Anyone who require the excel file that provides the min and max possible scores automatically can send a request to my mail scorpiomanoj73@gmail.com

^

yes

Last year I failed band 8 with all sections except FI and Eco in 51-70%. FI and Eco were <50%. If I had scored 70+ in one big ticket section say Equity or FRA. I wouldn’t have to take it again this year. Fortunately, I passed comfortably this year.

That’s a remarkable story. What happened back in 2013 that you scored band 1 ?

First of all, congrats to people who passed the exam. I took level 1 some years ago and here is what I got;

FRA, FIXED INCOME, EQUITY, DERV, ECO, QUANT above 70

CORP FIN, ETHICS, PORTFOLIO 51-70

ALT below 50

FAILED

Posting this in as many threads as possible won’t change the past… If you want it, make it happen in June!