Did you pass?

Whats interesting is that I felt all the small subjects were much easier than the big ones. Alt, PM, econ , quant, FI and derv were pretty much straight from the mocks. If you did a lot of practice questions, I think you would have done well on those topics… (although there’s debate over econ being tough this year lol)…

And then you have FRA and Equalities which had a lot more deeper questions.

Am I the only one who thinks the test was easier than the CFAI mocks and the Schweser mocks?

You’re nutz!

Just read the reddit post, it doesn’t even sound like the same exam I took. I’m a little worried now.

I think this test was meant to be a lesson to all who thought that doing the core stuff they’d be fine. But then the Institute is like “sorry bro, its all or nothing”.

But everything said and done, how could they make Ethics so ugly. Level 1 ethics was so much better.

Oh lol… there were definitely multiple tricks/decoys. I spotted a few of them early on and spotted a few more when I went over the questions a 2nd time. Very easy to overlook. Not enough of those to kill your result unless you were borderline.

Maybe its because I studied A F **** ING LOT of things that arent core stuff. At some point, I started to wonder if my study method was efficient because I was spending so many time studding non-core stuff. Anyway, it seems that It paid well in the end.

I remember doing the test and thinking “hey, this I surely non-core stuff, I’m glad I spend time learning this particular subject even betting that it would not be tested”.

I think, otherwise it becomes too easy to predict what might appear on the exam.

Yeah, I thought the exam was easy. Easier than last year and the mocks I did. I’m a band 10 retaker. Not sure if I was just over prepared but I walked out super confident. I made no guesses and a few were 50/50. I counted 8 questions I was 50/50 on: one I now know was wrong and three are right. The other four I havent checked. I feel like I hit over 90%. Not sure if it was just a rainman moment, but it was like having everything click.

I think I get what you’re saying, I just didn’t think of them as tricks, I expected this much. I took level 1 in 2015, then I took time off CFA to finish my grad school. Glad that I put in 700+ hours studying for this exam.

MPS is usually 63% to 67% overall score. This year might be around 62%. Just my gut feeling.

I’ve been running base case, best case and worst case scenarios on my results since saturday lol. also, i really hope they bring down the MPS this time.

I feel Afternoon exam in one country might be the Morning Session in another country and vice versa.

never thought about that but yes that could make sense…

I heard it’s harder in Canada

Not sure either. I remember a forum discussion of when I passed level 1. Someone stated in the forum did anyone get a long line of Bs in the afternoon. Pretty sure we had the same exam, but it could be a mix between countries.

I didn’t think the exam was particularly difficult, but reading this thread makes me nervous. However, I am willing to bet that anyone here is well above even to have passed.

Honestly on the fence on whether I passed or not. Obviously hoping for the best though. Overall, it was challenging with AM feeling easier than PM (by far). Can’t really compare the actual to mocks imo - just different tests all around. Mocks were very focused on core, and you could generally expect the same cadence across the subtopics for each. Thr real deal was more straightforward in questioning and the info was more concentrated. The one exception for mock comparisons was CFAI mock B - it was almost like the institute was trying to send a final signal to all of us poor suckers about the enter the pain train that it was about to get real…

The exam was “fair” in my opinion, pass or fail. I am on the fence on whether I passed but certainly have a fighting chance.

I changed a few answers for the better on the first exam and changed one to the wrong answer on the second. I went through and marked the questions I wasn’t 100% on, and that totaled 20 on the second exam. I got a few of those 20 (at least 4) correct.

I felt like my results on the AM session bolstered my overall performance.

i had no pure guesses. There was rationality behind every answer, and nothing threw me completely off guard.

I did not enjoy the studying. It was grueling, and there were times when my brain felt melted. I enjoyed letting my preparedness meet the test booklet. At least 600 study hours, perhaps 900.

Unless I failed to really pick up the traps, it was quite an easy exam than last year am sure I should get this one