Difficulty of The Actual CFA exam

CFA tests are more confusing with little nuances than other test providers but they are not harder per se. It is the only test I believe you can fail without having any idea you failed it when you took it…

L1, June 2012: Slightly easier than the CFAI and Schweser mocks.

L2, June 2013: About the same level of difficulty as the CFAI mock MINUS the mock’s poor wording. Very similar to Schweser mocks in difficulty (which have much easier wording but similar level of difficulty of concepts tested.)

Lvl 1: simpler than any mock exam I did - Schweser and CFAI. Qbank is fine for this

Lvl 2: mix between Schweser difficulty and Finquiz exams. IMO not comparable to the mock in any way

I actually found the style of the of questions very similar to the BSAS mock, I think they were at about the same level of difficulty although BSAS was equally weighted.

I think the 2010-2012 mocks are very very close, but ultimately harder than the exam.

I don’t feel schweser really captures the tone or feel of CFAI at all and reccomend not doing many of their mocks or questions. I have done everything cfai and elan have done and felt really welll prepared both times.

2013 mock exam was worst due to poor language and so many incorrect questions.

Actual exam was much easier

a

When i prepared for Level 2, I used Stella extensively because i purhased the whole “program” including DVDs and lectures and Q-bank and mock exams… i actually also purchased Schweser exams as well, so as you can see, I had absolutely NO TIME to open the CFAI texts.

I think with Level 2, because the cirriculum is so broad and many of the topics are unrelated of each other, I kept re-watching the DVDs just to keep myself familiar with materials i studied (actually i even played them while i sleep so i can subconsciously brain-wash myself to know the material).

As for LAST MONTH PREPERATION goes, it’s all about mock exams! Do as many as possible, do them and spend equal amount or more time on grading them. Don’t just waste the exams by looking at the answers before working them through, do NOT check the answers to incorrect answers only! You have to check every question and what you did correctly may only be a flute, and what you think is the rationale behind the right answer may not necessarily be correct.

And lastly, take care of your body in the last month, take annual leave, exercise and eat right! You cannot pass a 6-hour exam with a tired body.

Level II guy - you are violating the CFAI code and standards for ethics!

No he isnt…

In no way can you backward derive the paper using his words

note his points is a combination of

• the exam is easy

• i cant answer 3-4 questions in topic A

• i cant answer 1-2 questions in topic B

etc etc

in no way can anyone use these fragments of information to form any sort of opinion on the combination, %, nature, of the subjects.

@ Satuross thanks a lot u just increased my confidence level for Ethics !!!