Discouraged - Prep Provider Recommendations?

I only used AdaptPrep. Great videos, but the mock exams start you out with easy questions then as you score higher your level of difficulty goes up and they give you a score as to how you have adapted. They recommend you reach at least a 7 on the level of difficulty before you should have confidence in passing PM. The AM mocks are 10 times harder than the actual exam/CFA mocks in my opinion. If you can get good marks on their program you should do well. I owe the fact that my score was over the 90% to this prep alone. I never cracked a CFA book.

Frr those that failed, never give up! 80% of candidates quit, thatā€™s why only 1 out of 5 make it through. Donā€™t be like the other 4

I used Schweser for Level 1, Wiley for Level 2, and LevelUp for Level 3.

Passing this year is a bloody miracle, as I left 45 points blank in the AM.

I enjoyed the LevelUp videos, because Marc puts the information in context and makes the curriculum seem doable and understandable. ā€“ As in maybe this stuff isnā€™t so bad, afterall? I didnā€™t start studying until early April and considered bagging it, but kind of got into it watching his vids. The bootcamp is a *** must* *** for his secret sauce stuff that he hands out. Iā€™d recommend doing both, but if you canā€™t afford to do both, go to a bootcamp, and make it an EARLY bootcamp.

I used LevelUp videos and bootcamp. It really prepared me for the exam and I received a congratulations. I definitely would recommend you try Marcā€™s LevelUp program.

I passed Level 3 today on the 3rd attempt. I read the CFA L3 books, twice ā€¦cover to cover.

Plus did every product that Kaplan Schweser sells.

I recommend reading the CFA books for every level. it really helped me to learn the material.

I recommend reading all CFA books, doing all questions in it. And try Bloomberg, Adaptprep or LevelUP bootcamp for third party. Donā€™t think Schweser or Wiley that good for Level 3 (at least Wiley)

lol this man speaks the truth

I used Schweser and found it pretty alright. Didnt bother with the Qbank though, and did only a couple of schweser mocks. I definitely did all BBs and EOC questions from CFAI books. Also, I used CFAI for Derivatives (quite well written).

Also, free IFT videos - big help! Amazing stuff

All these people with low AF points touting certain providers only makes me want to use them lessā€¦just saying.

how many points makes someone legit? Just curious

Well less than 20 AF points and a Level III candidate certainly looks bogus. The truth lies in when they posted. Is it only after exam results at each level to promote certain providers?

Fair enough. Thanks. I never paid attention to AF points before.

I passed Levels 1 and 2 in the 90th percentile or above using only Schweser (no CFAI other than their Qbank and mock exams). I get not the same provider will work for everyone, but clearly Schweser worked for me twice now so Iā€™m sticking with it, although there are a lot of negative comments on Schweser for Level 3 on this site so it makes me nervous.

I had 3 months to study for Level 1 and 5 months for Level 2 so getting through Schweserā€™s condensed versions was a huge help for me, but now that I have more breathing room for Level 3 Iā€™m thinking of just reading the CFAI in the fall and skipping the Schweser readings. Any further thoughts on that from those who had a similar situation as mine?

I second that 100%

Schweser for reading notes, CFAI for practice is my recipe to ace the CFA Program. Used Wiley notes for L2 but couldā€™ve just gone with Schweser too. Key is to use notes to save time on reading and spend it on practice!

Maybe they spend more time studying than postingā€¦

this^

Levelup is the best. Reason being that Marc connects the topic in such a way that you understand the concept rather than just memorizing it. Also he goes through blue boxes and tell you which old exam questions are important so that while you are working on the topic, you are also getting experience in how to tackle cfa questions.

No matter what prep provider you chooseā€¦ at the end ask yourself have you overcome your weak areas? Use whatever material, but consistency and mastery of weak areas is what will get you across the finish line.

Cheers!

Yeah Iā€™m not a high pointer but have been a member for 3 years. Have 3 kids under 3 so Iā€™m quite busy. Like most have said though David h is great for the essay portion of the test. Other than that a schwser is garbage for the PM part. CFAI material is the best. EOC and online q bank was very helpful

Image result for clapping hands sarcastic