Do CFAs have to leave Canada to be fairly compensated?

I would have to agree with Wendy, and also because post secondary education here is so heavily subsidized and relatively cheap it lowers the financial barriers to University. Consequently its very competitive to get into a good school.

All i have heard is that Canada has highest no. of CFA per capita than any other country ( may not be a fact), thats why salaries are low

I agree with Wendy. If you see an individuals business card that runs forever with designations, the individual is probably from Toronto. GET OUT!!! Don’t let your location dictate your lifestyle or aspirations. I was doing pretty well, but still headed South to taste a piece of the Big Apple. :slight_smile:

Canadians also have the habit of putting MBA on their business card.

Keys Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree with Wendy. If you see an individuals > business card that runs forever with designations, > the individual is probably from Toronto. GET > OUT!!! Don’t let your location dictate your > lifestyle or aspirations. > > I was doing pretty well, but still headed South to > taste a piece of the Big Apple. :slight_smile: This may be sacriledge on this board but is alot more to life then career aspirations and money. I kind of like where I live and being close to my friends and family, if it means I have to grind a little harder and longer then if I moved somewhere else it may be a trade off I am willing to take.

But if you have more money, you can buy better and more attractive friends and family. Duh. Also if you would like to “grind harder and longer”, I have a pill that can help you…

Another point: Compensation for financial analysts has historically been low in Canada compared to in other major western countries. However, Canada was a great place for financial analysts to be working during 2008, 2009, 2010. Analysts working at Canadian firms didn’t go through anything like what analysts at the Wall Street banks went through, in terms of layoffs and unemployment. Financial analysts that spent the last several years working in Toronto should count themselves lucky.

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Keys Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I agree with Wendy. If you see an individuals > > business card that runs forever with > designations, > > the individual is probably from Toronto. GET > > OUT!!! Don’t let your location dictate your > > lifestyle or aspirations. > > > > I was doing pretty well, but still headed South > to > > taste a piece of the Big Apple. :slight_smile: > > > This may be sacriledge on this board but is alot > more to life then career aspirations and money. I > kind of like where I live and being close to my > friends and family, if it means I have to grind a > little harder and longer then if I moved somewhere > else it may be a trade off I am willing to take. Make new friends; keep track of existing through facebook. Family will understand (unless your folks are really old and wanna spend some remaining quality time). If your married and have kids, then these are other considerations. I’m speaking from a singles POV. Very exciting (scary to some) placing yourself in a different environment that forces you to change perspective, habits, social spectrum, etc… You grow as a person.