Do You Buy Your Lunch or Bring Your Own?

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tell her if the best meatloaf you’ve ever had > isn’t on the table in an hour she gets to go live > with the bag lady downtown. Unreal. Made me laugh out loud!

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mark@dirtbags Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > We had this conversation last night. My wife > has > > always worked, but she wants to stay home now. > We > > had our second child a year ago, she has stayed > > home since. > > > > I tried to be as PC as possible in my stance, > but > > I think there should be some “expectations” of > her > > since she is home now, mainly the kids, but > other > > things as well. > > > > I leave at 5:30am and come home around 5:30pm, > > long day…Just not happening. She does the > quick > > hand off when I get home and acts like I have > been > > on vacation for the whole day. I never complain > > about my job, but as you guys know, it was a > rough > > quarter. She complains about her day, and the > way > > she complains, it feels like she is trying to > make > > me feel bad. > > > > She wants me to help cook dinner. She cooks > dinner > > maybe 3 times a week, I told her it should be > > around 5, plus (since we lost her salary), she > > should make me lunch to take to work…brought > up > > how my dry cleaning has been sitting on the > floor > > for 3 weeks; then the sh*t hit the fan. wtf? > > Smack her on the a$$, tell her it’s cute when she > gets mad, tell her it’s man time and pop a Miller > high Life in her face and throw on the game. > > Tell her if the best meatloaf you’ve ever had > isn’t on the table in an hour she gets to go live > with the bag lady downtown. this!!!

mark@dirtbags Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We had this conversation last night. My wife has > always worked, but she wants to stay home now. We > had our second child a year ago, she has stayed > home since. > > I tried to be as PC as possible in my stance, but > I think there should be some “expectations” of her > since she is home now, mainly the kids, but other > things as well. > > I leave at 5:30am and come home around 5:30pm, > long day…Just not happening. She does the quick > hand off when I get home and acts like I have been > on vacation for the whole day. I never complain > about my job, but as you guys know, it was a rough > quarter. She complains about her day, and the way > she complains, it feels like she is trying to make > me feel bad. > > She wants me to help cook dinner. She cooks dinner > maybe 3 times a week, I told her it should be > around 5, plus (since we lost her salary), she > should make me lunch to take to work…brought up > how my dry cleaning has been sitting on the floor > for 3 weeks; then the sh*t hit the fan. wtf? This is like a crystal ball for me. My second child is due in 2 weeks and my wife isn’t going back to work. So far she’s saying all the right things but I’m somewhat skeptical and don’t know if she realizes that having a 2 year old and a newborn isn’t the same thing as just having a two year old. Did your wife tell you she would handle all the household stuff when she became a stay at home mom? To the OP- I buy my lunch everyday (expense it about 1 day a week.) My wife says she is going to pack my lunch everyday when she is a stay at home mom. We will see.

“Listen up you beautiful bitch I’m about to hit you with some truth” I’ve been out of school for 2 years and just brought my lunch for the first time ever the other week. Sad but true. I cherish the extra 10 minutes of sleep I get over saving money.

op - tell her she’s fired and to have fun being homeless and standing in the in the unemp line. you’ll take the kids on weekends. i bring ~3 days a week. need to get off the floor at least once a week!

flowbe-I think you are already one step ahead of me in discussing the expectations on her staying home, I think that goes a long way. We didn’t really do that. She went on maternity, came back, then they cut her job. She received a nice package and we all agreed that it was a blessing because now she could stay at home.

mark@dirtbags Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We had this conversation last night. My wife has > always worked, but she wants to stay home now. We > had our second child a year ago, she has stayed > home since. > > I tried to be as PC as possible in my stance, but > I think there should be some “expectations” of her > since she is home now, mainly the kids, but other > things as well. > > I leave at 5:30am and come home around 5:30pm, > long day…Just not happening. She does the quick > hand off when I get home and acts like I have been > on vacation for the whole day. I never complain > about my job, but as you guys know, it was a rough > quarter. She complains about her day, and the way > she complains, it feels like she is trying to make > me feel bad. > > She wants me to help cook dinner. She cooks dinner > maybe 3 times a week, I told her it should be > around 5, plus (since we lost her salary), she > should make me lunch to take to work…brought up > how my dry cleaning has been sitting on the floor > for 3 weeks; then the sh*t hit the fan. wtf? You’ve been hand-jacked (hand is a Seinfeld reference indicating ‘power’ or ‘control’ in a relationship) my friend, and not in a good way. I know - my wife has jacked the hand in our relationship on numerous occassions. However, you are due for a reversal of this - she’s staying at home and expecting you to ‘take over’ when you get home. That s-hit should and can not fly. You need to step it up, possibly covertly. I’m not sure how to get there - but you need to have a come to jesus meeting with her to get your house in order. Good luck sir.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Listen up you beautiful bitch I’m about to hit > you with some truth” > > I’ve been out of school for 2 years and just > brought my lunch for the first time ever the other > week. Sad but true. I cherish the extra 10 > minutes of sleep I get over saving money. Ha - nice quote - I’m excited for eastbound and down to come back for season 2. “Can I wear the mask from scream while I do you from behind?”

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Chuckrox8 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > “Listen up you beautiful bitch I’m about to hit > > you with some truth” > > > > I’ve been out of school for 2 years and just > > brought my lunch for the first time ever the > other > > week. Sad but true. I cherish the extra 10 > > minutes of sleep I get over saving money. > > Ha - nice quote - I’m excited for eastbound and > down to come back for season 2. > > “Can I wear the mask from scream while I do you > from behind?” best show on tv “A humongous part about being a celebrity is cashing in on it, making sh!t loads of money, having expensive luxurious things. That way, in case one day you’re not famous, you can still be rich as hell and better than everyone around you.”

Sorry but i don’t understand how you save money on 10 dollar lunches, it’s just beyond me. Now i start understanding why you are so worried about paying on the dates

one time i had a girl rack up a $75+ bill on brunch. she got an app, 2 sides, 3 drinks and some other stuff i can’t remember (she wasn’t fat, just easily excited). of course she couldn’t eat it all. i paid. and i was pi$$ed. so i’ve decided to cut my losses when i start to get pi$$ed.

Nice girl (deep sarcasm). I like how you cherish your girls, cutting costs and cooking your lunches in order to buy her a sunday brunch she does not eat (but actually the brunch price is ok, for 6 drinks incl, i remember a breakfast in kopengagen which cost me 65 euros per person and included 1 omelette, 1 sandwich, a glass of champaigne, a coffee and cookies)

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nice girl (deep sarcasm). she was on the dance team of the local arena football team. fun girl, but it wasn’t meant to be. i have no problem paying for dates when i’m having a good time. just don’t buy the whole menu. or start buying exp stuff when its obviously not going well. i might have left my wallet in the car.

^ what show is that?

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ what show is that? Family Guy?

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ what show is that? How I Met Your Mother =O

I bring it every day.

Buy everyday… I should really start bringing my own, pretty huge savings.

What are these savings everyone talks about? I buy everyday, usually from this grocery store that has a salad / hot food bar. Costs between $5-$9 (price based on weight) to get a side salad usually with cheese and hard boiled eggs, and a good helping of whatever meat I feel like (today was beef tenderloin, or salmon, so I went with the beef). I found even if I tried to make a bare bones sandwich everyday that it would cost me about $4 per sandwich, made of crappy deli meats, cheese, and toppings. The only other way to make bringing food work for me was to make a huge batch of something on Sunday and eat it every day during the week for lunch - borrrriinnngggggg.

Mr. Pink- When I did bring my lunch (previous office location, which didn’t have a cafeteria), I found I could do a soda, sandwich, and chips/cookies/fruit all for about less than $5. Buy a few types of lunch meats/cheese/bread and a few types of sides on Sunday, and that should last you till Friday. If your office has free soda/drinks or whatevs, then you can probably make it for even cheaper. $4 per sandwich [made at home] seems a little high…doesn’t it? I could make this kinda sandwich for less than $3, I think: Large sandwich roll Boars head buffalo chicken Boars head hard salami Cheddar cheese lettuce/tomato I think the food cost ran a little less than $3. You could certainly buy a good supply of meat/cheese/veg/rolls for less than $15 a week, right? 1 lb of chicken and a half pound of salami lasted me all week. I’ve thought about it more and decided to hi-jack this thread. POST THE ULTIMATE LUNCH YOU BRING YOURSELF FROM HOME. Mine would either be the above plus good chips or a red apple, or when my roommate and I make BBQ pulled pork and I’ve got leftovers. There is nothing like a pulled pork sammich.