Do you do a lot of investing yourselves?

Yeah, it is a bit annoying. At my old firm I had to get things signed off by 3 senior fund managers (one from the global portfolio, one from the global “silo” portfolio and one from the relevant regional team). But there was no minimum holding period. To be honest, I think it amused them as much as it irritated them. It is basically handled electronically at my new firm (and I think there is a sort of double-blind), but there is also a minimum holding period of 30 days. So I can’t genuinely buy and sell on a complete whim. I prefer my current system - despite the 30 day restriction - rather than having to reveal to my boss(es) precisely what I am doing. As mentioned, some of my trades are slightly spivvy, and so potentially embarrassing. Onegin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Etienne, > > How do you take into account the compliance > requirements in your position? To buy and sell on > awhim seems like it would be difficult for me > because I’m supposed to check with my compliance > officer and inform him of any trading in my > personal account. My personal account is also > subject to audit at anytime. How do you deal with > that - does anyone else have this challenge?