Do you hang your charter in your office?

MIne still sits in the tube. BTW I have to give CFAI credit for the quality of the tube, as it sat under a foot of snow for a couple of weeks when it first arrived and the actual charter is perfectly fine.

All of those are accepted, even encouraged, by CFAI, though you may want to be careful about the “CFA charter in 1 year” frame though…thou shalt not predict when you will earn your charter.

I tend to hang one academic diploma/charter/industry cert between each whiteboard in the office. As a result, whenever I need to explain something and am crossing over to the next whiteboard, the person would be impressed by my acomplishments.

Now, I have so many of these that I ran out of walls.

Do you hang additional walls into your office to get more space to show-off your stuff?

/sarcasm=off

Most of my stuff is in the tubes they came with. Wanted to hang them but whiteboards are more useful to me and and still have to find nice frames…

Would that not be put to a better use when you get a new folie for your Porsche?

Nah I have a cover made of whale leather that I put on after I waxed the Porsche with baby seal tears and dolphin blood.

" a little insecure to hang it in the office" you worked your f**kcing ass off to get to that point… I would show that s**t off on my walls lol

Received my tube, less than 3 weeks after being awarded the letters. I guess the slow times are for the guys who apply in Aug/Sept

I am not yet working in office but i will not hang it just like you said there is little insecurity to hang it.Lately i studying valmennuskurssi or coaching course and aside from it i am finish as an accoutant .It is weird that i get this course but i think it will benefit to my self.

Hanging it means that it’s a big deal. For me it’s just one more step. And yes it shows insecurity. I believe in every profession, the ones who hang their certificates are not as good as the ones who dont. “Any man with a collection like this is a man who’s never set foot on a battlefield”; The Last Castle. I dont think Beyonce hang her Platinum Records. The ones who do, are saying: I didnt believe that I could achieve that.

^I used to think the same way. And while I don’t want to build a monument to myself, I also want people to know my qualifications. I want them to know that I’m CPA, CFA, MBA, and not just some Joe Schmo who used to be a band director or used car salesman. (Two very real examples of “financial advisors” I have met.)

^ +1

^

^ Greenman; I cant disagree with you and I totally respect your point of view. I believe it all depends on the social encounter and cultural effect. In my social circle , I think printing them on business cards is enough. I dont want people to over emphasize the importance of such credentials. A 10% weight to credentials, 40% to experience and 50% to intellectual capabilities is fair. There are some lunatics who are CPAs and CFA holders (CFA not a noun, wink wink :wink: ). Those have every reason to over-emphasize their credentials. Everyone of them would hang his certificate.