Does any1 else feel the Econ Material is the most difficult?

I appreciate your response and you are exactly right about those references, as I mistakenly thought your post (which was forwarded to me) concerned Level I Econ where the Taylor rule has come and gone over the years. We have to make judgement calls all the time on what is actually required by an LOS. I agree with you that reading the additional material in the CFA Curriculum books can be beneficial and I always tell candidates that it is important to do all the end-of -reading questions in the CFA Curriculum which can be indications of what the author wants readers to take away from the lesson. Thanks for your feedback, we get better by listening to our customers and I have sent it along to our Level II manager.

it has made me mad

is it a good day to die hard?

Yea it sucks and I was an Econ Minor in college so I never minded Econ. I’ll be done with it tomorrow so I will have finished Quant, Corp Finance, FRA and Econ. For me Econ was the hardest of the three to get through.

Totally agree! Everything went alright so far, until I started Econ. Fortunately the 3 SS aren’t too long. Have you done the BB? Schweser skims too much so that it’s not very helpful to do them I think. As far as Elan Videos are concerned, it’s beyond me, I just can’t watch n-i-n-e- hours of videos at the slowest possible pace. Would rather read the entire curriculum on Econ instead!

What we have to do cobb douglas function man

Do we need to learn all these equations or just basic concepts like alpha, diminishing utlity etc crying

No one knows. Just know it all bro and make sure you can do the EOCs

Started econ and shocked to see elan’s first video in econ on ccy is more than 6 hours long. i think i will fall asleep hmmm.huahm. Ok 5 hours to go lol

wow…are video lectures this long? would it not be easier to just read the stuff?

Not all. Many are 1-2 hrs long. so far only pension and this one is more than 4 hrs long (i covered fra quant corpfin)

Though i have to say the video really helps me. Still I think i will try read the notes first for eco. Then if i cant do eoc i will brace the video hehe

wtf is this neoclassical model angry

Hmm watched the schweser vids on this and read the notes on ECON and don’t find it hard at all. The hardest material for me is the FRA material

Last reading of eco is best smiley

Could anyone who has done both Econ from Schweser and the CFAI book let me know how much Schweser has dumbed down this section please? I just finished watching the Schweser videos and unless my short-term memory fails me, I don’t think I came across things like Taylor’s rule at all.

what do you recommend? Schweser or CFAi for Economics?

what do you recommend? Schweser or CFAi for Economics? How are the schweser videos for this one?