Don't mess with CFAI

rn118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So if we we’re inclined to bring a bag with say > lunch, notes, papers, bottle of water/coffee, ect. > there would be a holding room for us to store > while taking the exam? Yes, but apparently it won’t be very secure. Best is to leave all that stuff in your car

I thought about that, but if it takes 15+ minutes to get from test room to car that’s too long. I think I’ll just pay someone at the front desk to keep my stuff.

yes, some proctors are definitely tough… they took away the elastic band that i used to tie pencils together… what are they afraid that i wrote formulas on the elastic band?

I will be using public transport and will be needing a cell phone after the exam is over. thats all i am going to have. Can i SHUT OFF my cell phone and keep it in my pocket ? other things is pencil, eraser and calculator. thats it.

Don’t keep it on you. Turn it off and hand it to a proctor BEFORE the exam starts.

This whole handing the phone to the proctor before the exam starts - is that really ok? I would feel much better doing that than leaving it unguarded in the coat room but I don’t want to be accused of bringing prohibited items into the room. Thoughts?

chasinggoats Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This whole handing the phone to the proctor before > the exam starts - is that really ok? > > I would feel much better doing that than leaving > it unguarded in the coat room but I don’t want to > be accused of bringing prohibited items into the > room. > > Thoughts? Do what you want. If it is off in your pocket, it is unlikely you’ll be caught. But why risk voiding your exam results due to your cell phone? While everyone is saying the storage room is not secure, I’m going to have to disagree. While the CFAI/Proctors won’t take responsibility for your things, they will have someone in a room checking in and out your stuff. While I went to the bathroom in June, I noticed a proctor sitting at the door of that room text messaging. Of course a chance exists that it will be lost/stolen, but I don’t see it as likely.

No, keeping your cell phone on you is not ok. Leave it at home or leave it in the check in area. If you’re going to try to take it into the exam, then don’t bother going at all. A PCP report on you isn’t worth it.

Bump. Important or I wouldn’t bump my own threads…

Bump. Good read.

Joey, with regards to your point 4, could you please explain why cheating costs $2k? and what’s it the need for lawyers. Is cheating considered a felony or crime? I don’t get it, the worst that should happen on cheating is you’ll never earn the charter, and even worse, they may prevent your relatives or kids to appear for it. But I don’t see how it cost additional money than the one that you’ve already paid to register.

yup useful!

Joey is no longer on AF pepp, this thread is a old, but still good.

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Joey, > > with regards to your point 4, could you please > explain why cheating costs $2k? and what’s it the > need for lawyers. > > Is cheating considered a felony or crime? I don’t > get it, the worst that should happen on cheating > is you’ll never earn the charter, and even worse, > they may prevent your relatives or kids to appear > for it. But I don’t see how it cost additional > money than the one that you’ve already paid to > register. Joey’s point is that CFAI will do everything in their power to ensure that your career in finance is screwed. And if you don’t care about a career in finance, why are you taking the exam?

We could use JDV with 2 weeks to go. I don’t think I ever saw a question he couldn’t answer.

True, he had some solid posts…

A reminder for Saturday…

Bump for the Dec 09 crowd.

Thanks for the bump. Good stuff.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bump. Important or I wouldn’t bump my own > threads…