Don't miss this (PDF)

inbead Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I promised myself to stay away from AF until > results day, but this one required some feedback. > Nice job cpierce! > > “Additional compensation arrangement requires both > clients and employer give the written approval.” > except when the compensation is immaterial verbal > is OK > > “Investor’s Utility Adjusted Return = Expected > Return Portfolio - 0.005 * Risk Aversion Score * > Portfolio Variance” when using returns and > variance as whole numbers not as decimals. > > “Short Extension Strategy: Net Portfolio beta=Beta > Long+Beta Short, hence can outperform long only > strategy as it exploits > benefits of short-selling” Short Extension > Strategy generally designed with beta of 1 > (source: CFAI Text) > > Another suggestion is to sort by topic/study > session if someone can take on that challenge. > > minor: “ceteris-paribus defence” not "defense Thanks for this – I’ve made the edits and reposted the file. Same URL

Very nice work cpierce, and greatly appreciated. Would add 2 formulas, that I always mess up… never confident if conversion factor goes in numerator or denominator. Tor an immunization strategy using futures: (1) Approx. # of contracts = [(Target Duration - Initial Duration) * Initial Value] / (Duration, ctd * Price, ctd)] * CTD Conversion factor (you multiply the CTD Conversion Factor by the entire bracketed term… not just DD of CTD) (2) Hedge ratio, where yield beta > 1 = [(Duration, bond to-be-hedged) * (Price, bond to-be-hedged)/ (Duration, ctd * Price, ctd)] * CTD Conversion Factor * Yield Beta

CPierce, very helpful. I got this on my phone and will be using this to review when I’m on the train/on the tiolet. Keep this up dude, this is gonna be your year.

Making sure this stays on Page 1. I’ll make the edits tomorrow and repost. Over 1,000 views! Wow.

I think you should move this from page5 to page1 (where you already mentioned a part of it): I - If only defense C- Ceteris-paribus defense A - Almost right defense S - Single predictor defense H - hasn’t happened yet defense

CPierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just fear the wiki page is just open for > potential sabotage. Not to say that I’m not > capable of the same. Shouldn’t be an issue. All changes made to the page are logged, can be viewed, and made undone: http://www.analystwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Don’t_miss_this_page&action=history I set up the wiki in the hopes that it might be helpful exactly in this type of situation, where dozens of people might want to contribute to the same document.

Edits made and uploaded. I also changed the font up a bit so it is smaller, and fits on 5 pages. Save some trees and print double sided. Also, as a favor, if you want me to replace something, tell me what page the original mention is on. Thanks!

Can’t let this get to page 3 peoples

back up to the top

+1 bump