Downhill road - never ending battle

Why, do weddings usually happen during work hours on weekdays?

It would be nice if that were true, and perhaps it is in some work environments. However there are a lot of sociopaths out there, and they will do some crazy things to sink people who they “don’t like.” Generally these people don’t like you because they’re intimidated by you in some way, or they think you stand in the way of their success.

Hopefully you’ll never have to work with one.

Why hasn’t your manager offered you any more constructive feedback? They only said you don’t belong here and we’re going to fire you?

I think you should ask specifically for areas in which you could improve. Its strange that you would go from stellar reviews to being asked to leave. Maybe they can give you some feedback that you can actually use to improve your weak areas. If they can’t I’m inclined to believe they’re assholes.

@I am the highway - I was working w/local recruiters, but thank you for the suggestion, I’ll def look into it.

For the others, I went from stellar reviews (w/another, more laid back mgr, who didn’t care about facetime and just wanted us to responsibly take care of our sh*t vs. this new mgr who is just difficult in general - he was promoted a few yrs back, but has trouble giving feedback and confronting others so chooses to complain about them to the sr. leaders, who he’s very close with - he had three others working directly under him who’ve also left the firm in last two yrs). I also went to him after my review for examples on how to improve and he couldn’t give me a single one…seriously, not one specific project/example that I could do better…but did admit that there were times he was frustrated w/me and just called the sr. mgr and told them that I wasn’t “performing at par” - whatever that means as there’s is no par - I wear multiple hats and am in a very niche role - I was pretty pissed to know he did that - I mean grow some balls and tell me to my face. I’m sure I’m replaceable - no doubt - and def have room for improvement, but at the end of the day, unless you tell me something is wrong, I won’t know. Whatever - can’t change it now.

Three weeks in - submitting resumes and networking like crazy and still not one single call…so frustrating. For the comments about leaving ASAP and setting a predetermined date - would you recommend leaving even w/o another offer in hand? This whole situation is just disgustingly depressing and unhealthy, but I really don’t want to sit at home either. I’m almost thinking screw busy season, just give my two weeks notice later this month and whatever happens, happens.

Update - passed L3 exam earlier this week and waiting for society approval before I can officially call myself a charterholder! Made some progress this past week w/initial interviews so fingers crossed re: job search.

I don’t know whether its the fact that I’m still on cloud nine or whether going through hell these past few months - but I’m much more confident. I’m going to actively pursue my job search until Oct/Nov. this year and if I don’t find anything, quit (before they officially fire me). Then travel/volunteer in Dec & be back in the game next year. Worse case - I have to live off my savings and have an unempl gap for a few months…maybe even pursue an MBA (kellogg one yr sounds like a good option), but in the end, I’m mentally and soon will physcially check out of my workplace. Sometimes you gotta know that you deserve better and take a step - even if it’s dark, God will guide you!

Thanks again for all the responses - I’m overwhelmed w/the support and guidance and hope I can do something similar for another CFAfatso as we’re all dealing w/very similar struggles (something I learned after joining this forum actively). Good luck on your endeavors and if you’re aware of any opportunities w/PE/asset mgmt, pls do PM me.

haha. im glad things went well for you man. im jelly. isnt an mba like a vacation, why dont u combine that. i know they do abroad type crap for a few months. anyways bigger and brighter things for you man, i can sense it.

best of luck to you

Been in your shoes kiddo. Rest assured the AF Bruthahood Brethren is on your side.

I am pretty sure you will end up being happy for leaving that place and following your dreams somewhere else. Good luck to you man.

I wish I could give you all a hug and I’m def not one for hugging strangers (or even co-workers), but it’s just nice to see so many people willing to encourage and motivate someone who is just trying to succeed w/simple hard work.

I actually got approval from both the Institute and Society earlier than expected and should be able to use those beautiful three letters on my resume soon!

If I find my next opportunity before YE (I really really hope and pray this outcome wins), I promise to come back on this forum and post yall; otherwise, few more months before I’m just gonna go quit and enjoy being alive by pursuing some long lost travel aspirations :slight_smile: Funny how it’s all perspective as earlier this year I thought being unemployed was the worse thing for a career oriented ambitious CFAfatso!

Take care amigos and I pray that God rewards you for listening to me complain and stress over the last few years - never again (atleast not here lol)

Just saw this thread and couldn’t read all the comments but to the OP - good luck, man. I’ve been looking for another position for a long time - been way underpaid and overworked and I just got an offer after more than a year looking. Good luck to you.