Durbin-Watson help me.

@ Iginla2010 - I did not see the other limits that were put on the second time through. Inconclusive is correct for the second bounds.

Why have you guys messed up the 4 in there? There is only 3 rules. if DW stat < DL reject null if DL < DW < DU inconclusive if DW > DU fail to reject null. I don’t see any 4.

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why have you guys messed up the 4 in there? There > is only 3 rules. > > if DW stat < DL reject null > if DL < DW < DU inconclusive > if DW > DU fail to reject null. > > I don’t see any 4. You need to review DW. Don’t worry, you still have time.

the CFAI mentions the 4 rule in a footnote. most finace data shows positive correlation so you would be in the range bellow 2. pepp, i think if you are short on time, your rules will be fine. i really dont think CFAI is going to test you on a footnote…

Is the conclusion that CFAI provide a wrong answer for this question? The correct answer should be Serial Correlation is NOT present.

^ if CFAI showed you a similar question then YES they are wrrong… remember we can’t be discussing actual questions from mocks or exams on an online form. :slight_smile:

However, we can complain that CFAI mock exam sucks and provide so many wrong answers. The above statement is NOT a violation of ethical code and standard, is it?

nop. We should start a petition on AF demanding better mocks. Each mock has 10 mistakes. Please CFAI take the mocks seriously like we take our studying.

It’s a wrong answer. I’m positive about that. There is NO significant positive serial correlation.

gulf, I think something is wrong in the answer. If you fail to reject the null hypothesis of “no serial correlation” cuz DW stat > dh crit value, then in stats it really means indirectly, that serial correlation must be 0. I’d recommend you stay away from 4 too. I took a look at the footnote and it makes sense, but stay away from those kind of calcs. Instead its better to remember. 0-2 DW indicates positive correlation 2 indicates 0 correlation 2-4 indicates negative correlation all of this simple derivation of DW = 2(1-r).

If DW > Upper limit = fail to reject H0 = > no evidence of + correlation.

pepp, your rules are very off 0-2 DW indicates positive correlation not always, their is a range that bettwen 0-2 that is unsure, and a range that is no positive corolation 2 indicates 0 correlation this is good 2-4 indicates negative correlation again, not always, their are unsure and no negative correlation ranges…