Dyson Spheres hypothesized on 2 stars

The thing is a that we have seen millions of stars (literally), none of them showed this kind of light pattern. This sounds like special cases more than a natural phenomenon.

The simplest explanations have been discarded until now by official astronomers, that is what triggered this discussion around the world.

Nice book btw, I will get that book surely.

Image result for aliens gif

That was my entire point buddy. This is why we need country designations back. I believe something was lost in translation.

What is that unknown fact that we haven’t noticed so far that explain the light flickering of those stars?. This kind of thinking tends to desperately find a simple answer like data mining bias do.

Oh yup, sorry if I misunderstood. Your first question leaded me to answer it haha.

Forget about that show, just answer my question please :slight_smile:

Really apart of aliens theory, I just want a real explanation or in lack of thereof just to say We Don’t Know Sh.it About It. Since that people will be free to state whatever they want without conflicting with “official” history.

Well, Occam’s Razor suggest not necessarily the simplest explanation, but the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions. So, inventing an inventing a whole can-o-worms advanced civilization AND their sophisticated equipment that we can barely imagine is NOT making the few assumptions. I would lean more toward perhaps lack of vigor on the “ruling out” studies. If I am going to make assumptions, I am going to assume there is something about the physics of stars that we have not yet observed. I am assuming this star’s spectrum has remained constant and therefore rules out the possibility the stars are simply transitioning in their lifecycle or many of the other natural phenomenon that has been hypothesized. Perhaps we have been so focused on the flux, that the possibility that the spectrum has been disrupted to make it seem constant or not unusual could be a factor. There are also other assumptions about the physics of these stars or the equipment that is being used to observe them that are still on the table as possible explanations.

Don’t get me wrong, I want the Dyson Sphere Hypothesis to be right! I just wouldn’t put money on it :frowning:

KMD, you know I love your body so I hate to offend you, but your knowledge in this particular area seems cursory at best. The Kardashev scale is nothing new and it makes perfect sense. If you’re basing your position on the number of assumptions being made, you’ve just marginalized the entire fields of theoretical physics and astrobiology.

Occam’s Razor deduction part 2… you’re a douche

ouch

Maybe, but you engaged in a thread that’s either beyond you or you’re not putting in the effort to explain your position. I take astronomy and astrophysics very seriously…it’s a hobby of mine and I’ve put in a fair amount of time researching the subjects. It’s totally cool to hop in a thread that you’re interested in and contribute on any level, but your contributions don’t really make any sense without further expansion on your part. Rather than sounding like S2000 (not that there’s anything wrong with that, just not my style) I attempted to add some levity to the post without calling you out too explicitly.

Please believe me when I say if I truly offended you in any way, I really don’t care. I hope you’ll put this incident behind us when I patronize your establishment.

FINE…NEW RULE

If you want to post about astrophysics, you must first post a topless selfie.

Star Wars: KOTOR (the good one) - Already did this

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Did this as well but it was far less cool than what KOTOR did.

That’s my contribution to this topic. I will be posting a topless selfie shortly.

This cut-away illustrates a model of the interior of Jupiter, with a rocky core overlaid by a deep layer of liquid metallic hydrogen. Image from NASA

Image result for white dwarf star and nebula

Get a room you two.

Come on guys… hug each other. This is a just a game.

Now a french kiss!

Dyson spheres?

Seriously?

Do you realize how big 93 million miles is?

What does this have to do with vacuum cleaners and towel-less hand drying machines?