Eays Quant Question

LOL cfaisok…heheheh people are continuing to post the same questioon!!! Can you close the discussion?

Because we don’t know what’s your conclusion? Are you concluding with this after all of this mess? >b) The mean of independent continous time poisson processes is again a poisson process.

Dreary, please - thread is closed. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Make at least a bachelor degree in math and then start a discussion in a new thread.

The sun is shining in this thread again… and hopefully forever

Fine, but don’t declare yourself a winner, becaue you ended up making a vague conclusion afterall. Now give us a good question like the original problem.

1. Dreary, this is not a winner / looser board. It’s just a discussion board. 2. Your questions and statements show that you don’t understand what’s going on. Don’t be bothered - that’s really ok… (You don’t have to feel as looser)

I love this guy! He talks too much, adds very little value, and insults just about anyone. If your intention is to show off some quant klowledge this is the wrong forum pal. Not many people here care about stats, only what it takes to pass the exam. End of this for me.

Dear Dreary, if you feel insulted - i feel sorry for this. This was not my intention. (I don’t see where I insulted you - but sorry if i did) But for the next quant thread: do yourself a favor if you join a discussion, - have a reasonable basis for your statements. It’s no problem if somebody makes a mistake but much you wrote was consistently wrong or misleading. Examples? -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your first post: Distribution of the means are approximately normal regardless of the distribution of the population, which in this case is a uniform discrete distribution. --> wrong A is wrong because the population is not binomial (it’s uniform discrete), same thing with B. --> wrong D is not wrong because the expected number of the throws is 5, with some probability > 0 of some outliers hitting straight heads. --> wrong From your next post: "But if you say it is binomial, wouldn’t that make A correct? --> wrong From your other post The distribution of the mean of any distribution (Poisson or otherwise) is approximately normal. Are you arguing with that, cfaisok? I’m lost in this mudslinging parade. --> Offtopic from the context From another post Good luck disproving the CLT --> Hahaha… Thats pure offtopic aggression :slight_smile: From the last post: Not many people here care about stats --> I didn’d know that - is it because nobody joined this discussion? --------------------------------------------------------------- With regards cfaisok

@dreary: “Not many people here care about stats” Here i have citied you in a wrong way. Sorry for that. My last point "From the last post: Not many people here care about stats --> I didn’d know that - is it because nobody joined this discussion? " is not valid…

Now I understand why you are getting hot… (i read the thread again and again) “The distributionof the mean of any distribution (Poisson or otherwise) is approximately normal. Are you arguing with that, cfaisok? I’m lost in this mudslinging parade.” , from Dreary i didn’t answer because your other statements were let’s say unlucky. And you get now hot because i didn’t take the above question serious. Here the answer to your question. No I was not arguing with CLT - that wouldn’t have been adequate.

C’mon guys - this isn’t what this is about. Calm down. You guys have exams to passs and this isn’t helping.

Joey you’re absolutely right…

@Joey: As you maybe read in the others easy quant thread, nobody is an 100 % angel. Nor me neither you. :wink:

Thread closed.

Again :slight_smile:

Anyone who wants to bet on the final number of closings? :wink: