Econ Question

Yeah, read Freakonomics.

ConvertArb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JackA$$ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Freakonomics had a good chapter on this. > > > > Why do low level drug dealers engage in a > > dangerous criminal activitiy for essentially > what > > they could make at McDonalds slinging bugers? > The > > answer was for the potential to someday become > > higher up and make the real money. > > > > Kind of like I-Banking… > > > > For further reference, I’d highly recommend > “The > > Wire” > > > uh drug dealing makes you some serious dough, you > can make $2k in couple hours. MCD pays $6/hour. > Also, you can hang out, be your own boss, and not > get grease burns (I have worked a deep fryer and > it’s not fun) Not if you’re a street level dealer. If you’re a 14 y/o kid standing on the corner taking the bulk of the risk you’re making d!ck. I saw a presentation made by Steven Dubner on this and he said in many instances street level dealers even held second part-time jobs at McDonald’s. Also, I was not referring to street gangs I was referring to the cartels who control many of the shipping channels and as is often the case nowadays the source of the drugs. I realize that certain cartels work with the gangs but the cartels still call the shots.