Edupristine's Greatest Hits

Yes, it’s a grey area. And I agree that some of Edupristine’s posts are a strange and often uninformative. But does a public mocking really serve a useful purpose here? And what’s the chance that this will signal to newcomers that it’s fine to mock members and invite others to do the same?

So I’m not saying, “Greenman is a bad person and we have to nuke this thread.” I’m saying “This is not a good direction for us to go in, it’s best that we calm it down.”

It started with “WTF” responses to Edupristine’s posts (appropriately, since I had a “WTF?” reaction myself). It then moved to Greenman saying “Edupristine says:” and making up stuff that parodies their posts. Now it’s a thread inviting people to diss Edupristine.

I’m concerned about the continued uptick in intensity at each step. At what point does one say “that’s enough, we’ve had our fun.” I think we’re getting pretty close. This thread may still be within the bounds of our community rules, but I want to say that we’re getting close to the line, and members should know that.

=====

There is an issue that Edupristine may not be a good fit for AF and we may need to ask Edupristine to improve the quality of their contributions if they want to remain a partner (which I assume means they help support AF financially or in other ways, though I don’t know the specifics). Certainly I don’t think if someone is an advertiser, we become obliged to defend whatever they say and to suppress rightful criticism. But I also think it’s probably not a good idea to antagonize a partner just because we’re kinda bored on a Monday morning.

This is why I present it more in terms of how we want to treat our members, rather than a question of whether whatever agreement they have with Chad means we can’t be honest about how unimpressive some of their posts are. Here is a principle that applies to how we want to interact with fellow AF members, rather than about granting some advertising partner special privileges.

Certainly we have had members criticize Stalla and Schwesser when they have weaknesses, so there’s no reason we can’t criticize Edupristine in similar ways.

I had a gun pointed at me over webcam, that was scary enough let alone in person.

I don’t want to hate on the dude or ban him. I just want us to put his gems in a thread so we don’t have to scour AF looking for laughs.

I was expecting to see a litany of “gems” on this thread, but did not see anymore after the first few posts.

Moar edupristine please.

So far, four boardmembers have sounded off: two in favor of the thread, one against it, and one abstaining.

i am pro greenman

Haha

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-general-discussion/91323867

capaldij Jul 23rd, 2013 5:50am

What are your thoughts on this in comparison to the likes of Breaking Into Wall Street and Wall Street Prep? Is the content much the same or is it inferior?

edupristine

Apr 3rd, 2014 8:29am

You can use the products of www.edupristine.com . This is really good . You can try once.

Thanks….

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-general-discussion/91330093

Remember this key point kids: every where in the world wherever the work in finance is happening.

and also remember: you should try to pass L1, then L2 and then L3. as if you actually had a choice

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-ii-forum/91330305

“So long as the syllabus is same CFAI can recycle questions and use previous yrs questions in the current yr.It is the property of CFAI.”-edupristine

I can see where Bchad is coming from, but it is funny. To me this is really on par with those funny memes of badly translated road signs/advertisements in Asia.

I was actually hoping to do Level 2, then Level 3, then Level 1 in that order. A wise man once said to always start with the most difficult task first. I respectfully have to disagree with edupristine’s recommended strategy, as profound and insightful as it may be.

I have no problem with a “best of rahul” thread as long as it is for fun only and does not degenerate into a pool of racist remarks.

I would probably dissolve the “partnership” at this point. Pretty sure my credibility would be in question by now.

Let me know how that works out for you.

mind. blown.

The million dollar question is:

Does edupristine need AF more than AF needs edupristine?

Edupristine does not NEED AF at all.They have their centres in almost all major cities of India.

They need to fire whoever the social media or marketing guy running this account is. He’s just copying and pasting from investopedia with zero insight.

Is Edupristine a paper tiger? I’ve been waiting for a witty comeback…