Elan guides became Worse

I live in NYC and take the subways which is underground for most of my commute so having connectivity would not be plausible for me. I prefer being able to view the videos on an Ipad. I understand Wiley has concerns about protecting content but we spent money for access to those videos.

YES!!!

Loved Elan’s print material for Level 1 so I purchased their products for L2 2015.

Although Elan/Wiley were selling their packages from 2014 the notes were not complete until 2015. In the meanwhile we had to make due with the ebooks through Vitalsource. Printing quality was just awful with inconsistent font sizes, duplication of formulae and boxes and call-outs not rendering in the correct places. It made studying from their print outs rather diffcult.

I don’t see why Elan/Wiley are having such formatting difficulties with Vitalsource when CFAI notes print just fine. Elan/Wiley support were of no help on this issue and refered me to Vitalsource.

It’s worth noting that printed Schweser notes were fully available from the end of 2014.

Wiley/Elan have great content but they seriously need to work on their product delivery mechanisms.

Regarding the Printing issue – this was fixed in April 2015 by adding a “book replica” PDF file to Vitalsource so pages print exactly as they look in the printed books.

See our support FAQ on this here: http://efficientlearning.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12493

I’ll add that Wiley’s ebook format is extremely poor-- NO PAGE NUMBERS! WTF! How are you supposed to navigate 3000 pages w/o page numbers Wiley? Why does it matter? When you are flipping back and forth between Q&A, you need the page number to use the jump function. TOTALLY UNSAT!

I hate to destroy trees and heat up the earth, but next time I am ordering the print copy, chop them up, scan into PDF, and use a PDF reader.

CFAI can you do something about this!?! – it’s totally abdominable that you can’t deliver a satifactory ebook format. The prior one was much better, even though it didn’t flow to smaller devices, at least it had PAGE NUMBERS!

Videos are a waste of time. Just use Schweser books and Practice Exams and you will be fine.

I like their 11th Hour Guide but this is bad. They responded that they fixed the printing issue here in April but that’s still too late. I hope nobody failed as a result of the issues you and others brought up.

Agree, the new instructor is not as good as Basit or Peter. I liked the notes though. Their examples were much closer to the CFAI examples.

Are you doing WIley 2 Videos? :slight_smile:

I don’t know yet.

I’m still working on the lecture notes for all three levels; that’s my top priority right now.

Hopefully Wiley improves their content delivery this year.

Typos and grammar mistakes in the study guides aren’t the end of the world, but a bit annoying.

Mistakes on formuals in the study guides and formula sheets are unacceptable, albeit rare.

The mock exams left a lot to be desired, and the web delivery software is poor and the mocks had errors (listed incorrect right answers, important image links being broken, etc).

I don’t mean to be overly critical. Basit’s original content in the study guides is still excellent, but delivery remains a sticky point even after the Wiley acquisition.

As topic starter I can confirm that I passed L2 using Curriculum, CFAI mock and WIley notes, formula sheet. Wiley review content gives huge margin but I advice everyone to look names for video lectures if you wish to buy them.

Agreed and agreed. Their service is unbelievably horrible and feeling bad for Olinto. We hope he moves to a more reliable service provider.

I asked FitchLearning this week in an email about Olinto, and they said he will definitely be teaching a Level II class. They are just not sure yet if it will be streamed online. My advice, start bombarding them with emails requesting that his classroom be streamed online.