Enough time to finish?

I like your posts very much hiredguns1… I think they help out the Level I candidates tremendously. I was quite thrown off by the Treynor-Black on Level II this past June. Although I passed (the other sections adequately made up for the shortfall of that particular vignette), that little twist has got me worried. Now, I am using the official curriculum and will complement with the notes from Schweser. Like you have stated, one must find an adequate balance between the curriculum and the notes to cover the material well. That balance might be different for everyone, but essentially the main focus remains: -Practice questions -When you think you did enough questions, do more, and more, and more -Nothing prepares you better than the practice questions worded differently and approached from different angles (I am referring to both, the Official Curriculum and Schweser questions / QBank) The reason I keep coming back to level I forum is because I was in the same boat 1 year ago (and also because level III forum is not as busy). I like to try to help the new-comers and if some people benefit from at least one of my posts, it makes me happy…

When the qbank is mentioned, are people only using the advanced questions, or do they use all of the questions?

ttoucht, here’s a couple of tips coming from a 2/2 candidate. 1) when you do the qbank, just do the beginners level on your first pass of the curriculum. Then, do the the intermediate level on your second pass of the curriculum. If time permits do the advanced too. 2) do the end of SS in Schweser in pencil after you finished the reading. Once you finished the entire curriculum. Erase EVERY answer and do it all over again from start to finish in all the books. The right answers and the wrong answers. I found these to techniques got me alot of points on L2 to pass the exam. It was a strategy I learned from NOT doing that on L1!

UAECFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- […] > 2) do the end of SS in Schweser in pencil after > you finished the reading. Once you finished the > entire curriculum. Erase EVERY answer and do it > all over again from start to finish in all the > books. The right answers and the wrong answers. >[…] great idea, UAECFA. I do something similar to what you’re suggesting. I have a sheet at the end of every chapter, where I write my answers. It contains the following: -date (when I did the end-of-chapter problems) -the chapter name (in case it gets misplaced, even though I staple each sheet to the respective answers in the books) -question # -my answer -the correct answer -notes I have filled out one of those sheets for every chapter in books 3-5 so far (that’s when I came up with the idea). I’ll be starting to review the material shrotly, and will do the questions again. The sheet will allow me: a) to look at the questions fresh (without wasting time to erase everything and get confused by stray marks) b) more importantly, to see if I tend to make the same mistakes the second time around, or if I make different mistakes, i.e. a diagnostic tool to figure out if there’s something I consistently get wrong this spreadsheet takes 2 min to set up and you can mass print it. I’ve found this to be a tremendously helpful tool so far, so just wanted to share with you.

Thanks UAECFA, I have been using similar strategies, but I will also implement what you suggested.

Do I have a sufficient amount time to be fully prepared if I complete all of the schweser books by the last week of October, and use a little more than a month to review? I have been using the qbank all throughout.

Lakai From a previous thread, you were emailing some helpful materials to others. I requested but I have not seen a response from anyone. If you don’t mind can you email me?..please. My address is elsie-bee@hotmail.com Many thanks Lakai Or anyone who reads this and has the materials - It’ll be highly appreciated.