equity analyst hours

Adding value? Hello? Don’t you work for Fannie or Freddie… the ultimate value destroyers.

Kkent did you write the article in the FT few days back, which said sell-side analysts don’t add any value? Or are your influenced by it? Value added does not always mean ability to pick good stocks. Knowledge of industry, management access, access to industry experts, etc. are some skills which buy side does not have and never will have. If your statements are made with conviction, gee you must think all the PMs at Fidelity, Citadel, SAC, TROW, etc. must be stupid to spend a lot of time with sell-side guys. Which means you think you are much smarter than they are and therefore you should be a very, very rich man/woman. Correct? No – I wonder why?

Re: My first year on Wall Street Posted by: kkent (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: December 14, 2008 11:57PM 1.) 19 months ago, I was graduating from college and about 1 year into my job search to no avail. 2.) 18 months ago, I began a brief analyst stint in a municipal finance investment bank. 3) 15 months ago, I began as an analyst in real estate valuation 4) 7 months ago, I was laid off from my job. 5) 6 months ago, I began as an underwriting analyst with one of the GSEs (Fannie/Freddie) in affordable apartments. 6) Today, I’m a hardened real estate veteran in one of the nation’s last standing multifamily groups. I just finished another 65 hour week. It’s been an insane ride. kent - shhhhhh, no need to expound on things you know nothing about.

tobias Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kkent Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Yes, why bother? Everyone claims they can beat > the > > market. I mean, since you have no problem > beating > > the market (and presumably, your boss has no > > trouble either), I guess you guys are getting > paid > > $5-15MM per year like the world’s top analysts > > are. > > Yep. You’re in the ballpark. You make $5-15MM and still post on analyst forum? That’s incredible. Thanks for giving back to us little people.