Equity QBank Question

ilvino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Now that I think about it, even if you were > arrested by the Chinese armed guard or whoever is > protecting the olympic torch, it would not be a > violation of the CFAI code of conduct since civil > disobedience is permitted. That’s correct. See example 4 page 36 in the Ethics book

i plan on making it into the cfa exam in 2010: A CFA level 2 candidate tackles a runner carrying the olympic torch through his city to protest the 2008 bejing olympics. The candidate: a. violated the code concerning disclosure because he did not tell the torch runner he would be tackling him. b. violated the code concering knowledge of the law because he should have known that tacking torch runners were against the law. c. did not violate any codes. d. is irrelevant because he only got 2 questions correct in the 2008 level 2 exam because he was out tackling torch runners instead of studying

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i plan on making it into the cfa exam in 2010: > > A CFA level 2 candidate tackles a runner carrying > the olympic torch through his city to protest the > 2008 bejing olympics. The candidate: > > a. violated the code concerning disclosure because > he did not tell the torch runner he would be > tackling him. > b. violated the code concering knowledge of the > law because he should have known that tacking > torch runners were against the law. > c. did not violate any codes. > d. is irrelevant because he only got 2 questions > correct in the 2008 level 2 exam because he was > out tackling torch runners instead of studying Well, the question won’t be that specific. If that did that, the CFA Institute’s expension in Asia would be seriously compromised

I’ll have to choose D - and this may the easiest question I answer all year.

exactly.

a couple of things i don’t like 1) this whole “next year” concept. for a december 31 year-end company, is “next year” 2008 or 2009? can they not be more clear on what year is what? i.e. call them 2007 or 2008. CFA seems to purposely make things confusing 2) is there some reason they don’t use average book values (i.e. start and end average) like they teach at universities? again, it’s just unnecessary confusion (although in this case, it’s partially because i learned it another way previously)

I think the wording was very ambiguous and left alot of people including myself questioning what was meant by forecasted EPS and which period of RI they wanted. I was basically going back and forth between the two, only favoring C becaues it came out cleaner in terms of matching the answer.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i plan on making it into the cfa exam in 2010: > > A CFA level 2 candidate tackles a runner carrying > the olympic torch through his city to protest the > 2008 bejing olympics. The candidate: > > a. violated the code concerning disclosure because > he did not tell the torch runner he would be > tackling him. > b. violated the code concering knowledge of the > law because he should have known that tacking > torch runners were against the law. > c. did not violate any codes. > d. is irrelevant because he only got 2 questions > correct in the 2008 level 2 exam because he was > out tackling torch runners instead of studying You forgot: e. was violated with the torch by nearby San Fransiscans.